Impact Is Imminent review by Exodus

• Released: Jan 1, 1990
Exodus: Impact Is Imminent

Good riffs, good production, and aggressive thrash metal is what you will find on this album, "Impact Is Imminent." The riffs are non-stop with little breaks and melodic mid sections. As a matter of fact, there are no melodic mid-sections, this is Exodus we're talking about here! The drums sound good, especially the bass drum. The guitars are clear, but the bass is buried at some points.

Steve Souza (lead vocals), my brother calls him a rat. He sounds pissed whenever he sings. Perfect for the band. He doesn't have much of a range, and kinda sounds like he's just talking sometimes, but he does a good job overall. The lyrics can be hilarious on this album, which is one of the reasons why I listen to it so much. Some of lyrics can be very well thought out and witty, however. One thing about the songs, they pretty much always rhyme, which can get interesting.

So maybe "Impact Is Imminent" did suffer a little from rushed writing, but it's still good! I really don't know if this album is in production anymore or if it would be worth the high price you would have to get it for, but if you can get it with a reasonable price, go for it! I love the riffs, and Souza's voice, pure aggression. I really don' see why many people hate on this CD so much.

hawkdude9
    i love how the brief description at the top of the page totally slams the album, but it got rated a 9.3 =]