Angel Dust review by Faith No More

• Released: Sep 20, 1999
Faith No More: Angel Dust

Amazing sound. Love the keyboard and bass, which are both big parts of the music. The range of Micheal Patton's voice allows him to be the lead instrument which is cool. The drums are perfect. The metal guitar riffs are truly masterpeice. Great mix of metal, soul, pop, funk, folk, etc. Only a bit of typical mainstream music in it at the end of Midlife Crisis.

Fantastic lyrics. Mainly about age: e.g, land of sunshine is like two characters talking to someone depressed about age. "Varicose! Comatose! Senial!" as if listing what comes with age in time order. The song title "Midlife Crisis" symbolises what many 'approaching 40' year olds feel when approaching 40 if they feel they've reached 'half-way' and done nothing in their lives that they are proud of. "RV" seems to be about a slob that wastes his life and is bored, etc. The lyrics in conclusion are very clever and prove that Mike Patton is very intelligent and possibly 'odd'.

I think this is a truly amazing album, one for anyone with open music taste. Definitely in my top 10 albums and my favourite Faith No More album. I love the great versatility of the band and the concept of aging involved. Also I like the fact the cover songs aren't mixed in with their songs, they've been put at the end ('Midnight Cowboy' and 'Easy'). I would buy it again if it was lost or stolen any number of times. The only thing I don't like about the album is the fact that at the end of "midlife crisis" it has been over-produced and repeats like a typical pop song. This coincides with the fact it was a single. Also I think they may have released too many singles off this (ones I know of: 'Midlife Crisis', 'A Small Victory' and 'Easy').

Mr. Altoid
    peterwivsta wrote: Sadlyno wrote: fantastic album, Land of Sunshine is based on Scientology and the questions in the song are questions in their "test" to be a scientologist. at least thats what i've heard. Sorry i dont agree, scientology is recent, Angel Dust was released in 1992
    Nooooo, the first church was founded in 1953. It is definitely not recent.
    Tomo-J
    All I can say is: "Thank you, GTA San Andreas. Thank you, for making me dicover one of my most favourite albums of all time."
    swave75
    One the albums you need to own if you like alternative music. Or music in general!!!
    Sadlyno
    peterwivsta
    Sorry i dont agree, scientology is recent, Angel Dust was released in 1992
    Skabug
    It's one of the best albums you can own =D ! I'm such a big Mike Patton fan, and i must say that FNM (together with Mr. Bungle) is the best he has EVER done! A song like Land of Sunshine makes me see a whole different way of using lyric. FANTASTIC! =D
    pinkdolphin
    He got some of the lines for land of sunshine from fortune cookies according to a quote from Wikipedia