Evening Out With Your Girlfriend review by Fall Out Boy

• Released: Mar 25, 2003
Fall Out Boy: Evening Out With Your Girlfriend

In their very first CD, which is actually a demo, they didn't have current drummer Andy Hurley, and you can kind of tell that the drumming style is different. The CD is good, but it sounds like they recorded in their basement. The songs are good none the less, including songs like Growing Up, Pretty In Punk and Moving Pictures.

The lyrics are well thought out for a first CD, where most of the members haven't even turned 20 (except bassist Pete Wentz). It has the normal Fall Out Boy sound, hard to understand lyrics and upbeat pace to a song about something dark. Singer Patrick Stump's voice is noticeablly higher in pitch. But still, if you like Fall Out Boy's other stuff, you'll like this.

Another rare find, like "My Heart Will Always Be The B-Side To My Tongue." If you are a Fall Out Boy fan, I would definately suggest picking it up if you see it. This is the stuff that they started with. Even though Andy isn't there, it is still a very good CD.

healerofwounds
    God what is it with all these "I hate FOB" comments? you people shouldn't read this if you're not into the band. And what the **** is a Tool fan reading this shit?!? That is low...
    Mikeizzle
    mikko 9119
    Mikeizzle wrote: Im surprised FOB didn't get ripped to pieces in ratings on this site. (i love FOB)
    some of there stuff is surprisingly good, not so much Infinity on High, though