Evening Out With Your Girlfriend review by Fall Out Boy

• Released: Mar 25, 2003
Fall Out Boy: Evening Out With Your Girlfriend

Sound wise, this band is very raw, hard core type sound to it. It was very early Fall Out Boy, with 3 of the 4 current members. The off-beat guitars, mismatched drum and bass section, and the overall crappy sound of it all just adds to the pure love for the album. Yes, it is very bad and sounds like it was recorded in a garage, but that is what makes it one of Fall Out Boys greatest albums. The mix with the instruments feels strong, it is basically what is keeping this whole album together. If some songs were supposed to be acoustic, the whole thing would have fell apart.

The lyrics seem a little less stronger towards "love on the road" and hating someone. It all is about being let down and rejected, being used, and just basically being a loser. Patrick has an amazing voice and is a very good singer. His singing was awesome for what this album sounds like. In this album, Pete is a very good lyricist, but he could have done better. The only example I really have is the confusing "He's well hung," Now, I'm not sure what that is supposed to mean, but it fits with the song. He should have elaborated more on that. The powerful lyrics with great music really pulled the whole thing together.

I think, for being there first album, it was okay. Musically, they could have tried to make it a little less sloppy, but that was probably just the way they were, especially so young. As usual, you can't understand a work Patrick says. The most impressive song is "Parker Lewis Can't Lost (But I'm Gonna Give It My Best Shot)." It had so much emotion put into the lyrics, and the whole feel of the song goes from mellow to a pure punk song. I basically love the whole album, and the only thing I hate is the fact that I got and early issue of it. So "Moving Pictures" has this weird sound to it. It sounds like the singing was split and then something went wrong in the process. But, if I lost I, I would definitely buy it again, even if it is saved to my computer. I could buy it just to say I have the actual album.

TurkishPromise
    justchillin21 wrote: Damn again I opened the wrong page, I meant "Fall of Troy" not fall out "crap". Well I might as well crap talk while im here. I like the guy who posted above me, my farts make musical masterpieces compared to FOB. Oh and Mikeizzle up there ^, they don't get shreaded into a million pieces here with the ratings cause its the reviewers opinion, if it were me they would have gotten an "infinity on Zero's" and I would have stolen their bitches for the evening with ease.
    What. A. Douchebag...
    justchillin21
    Rishwag12
    Sorrows wrote: God Fall Out Boy Sucks!!!
    1.) You do not have to read this review if your opinions are already set. And apparently you think they suck.This is for people who are considering buying the album, not for douches to hate on. 2.) Kay, now lets see you create a multi-million dollar band from the ground up.
    scorpio2billion
    This one of Fall Out Boys greatest albums? So, it's more absorbent than the others when I wipe my ass with it?
    decaydance_rokk
    okay dude. just because they started off in a basement recording doesn't mean they are a bad band. they have amazing musical abilities and i am sure your craps could knock someone out for a week. you need to wipe man. and he's well hung, probably means that he is high... probably talking about a girl he likes idiotic boyfriend. Fall Out Boy will always be one of the greatest bands in the world. Right next to Panic At The Disco.