Folie à deux review by Fall Out Boy

• Released: Dec 16, 2008
Fall Out Boy: Folie à deux

This new album of Fall Out Boy's, Folie a Deux has a Sound of like no other, mainly because there is nothing like it out there. With punk sounds of 27 and West Coast Smoker, and the hip hop sounds of Tiffany Blews, the half rock half ballad What a Catch, Donnie, and even the Elevator Music soundings of w.a.m.s. It seems like a soup of music good for anyone, well maybe not thos die-hard punk finatics that loved their first 3 albums, Fall Out Boy's Evening out with your Girlfriend, Take this to your Grave, and From Under the Cork Tree. The sound overall appeals to me as Infinity on High with a little more "Darkness" or Edge in it. However with Singles like I Don't Care and America's Suitehearts on the Radio its hard to get Fall Out Boy out of your head.

According to many interviews Pete Wentz has gone on record saying that for himself personaly the songs on this album are fictional in his life, but appeal to the current generation as the truth. Going very deep in his lyrics Wentz has said that songs like (Coffee's for Closers)is about change in places in the world like Africa, and Disloyal Order of Water Buffaloes is how about how fast our gerneration is moving. In Mr. Wentz's lyrics he takes away some of emo stylings like "How misery Love Me" (Dance, Dance) and adds a tad use of drug references in it's place. Patrick Stump keeps up his vocal range on this album in songs like, Headfirst Slide into Cooperstown on a Bad Bet and The (Shipped) Gold Standard. The Lyrics however seem not to match up with he music for example in the song, She's my Winona the bridge has Bass and immeditly changes to acoustic guitar with no warning. All in all the Lyrics and Singing very well done but room for improvement.

This Album is like no other, their earlier punk is mainly gone and Infinty on High's Genius is Reinvented. With all the Artists they recorded with Fall Out Boy's sound is the most unique, well besides Panic! at the Discos Pretty. Odd. 60's sound. To me the most Imprssive songs on the album are, Headfirst Slide into Cooperstown on a Bad Bet, Tiffany Blews, and 20 Dollar Nose Bleed. I Love the Album itself all together, and many songs inspire me greatly. However the second part of the album (27 to the West Coast Smoker) seems out of place and the Artists seem to run out of ideas. If I lost it I Would buy another one, bacause it inspires me and its amazing to hear this band, I mainly think that changing from punk to this was a good idea, but as i said before there is room for improvement.

Kameliasz
    I'm listening to FOB since Take This To Your Grave, and i think, that the only thing that Folie A Deux and Take This To Your Grave have in common is sarcasm in lyrics. Folie A Deux is pop. They sucked. 99% of FOB listeners prefer Infinity On High, and I'm not surprised.
    Blood__water15
    There's been alot of (whoever likes fob are teenage girls) goin around. That is very false I am a big fan and I love their music. It has lot of rhythm and good sound to it. Did anybody actually read the forum rules before making an account or just agree and continue because it says no hate posts and there's definately been a lot of hate lol. I agree with the people who say if you don't have anyhong nice to say don't say anything at all. It's not like we go rip on your favorite bands. You should be glad people listen to fob cuz if as much people listened to your bands as they do fall out boy we could be saying the same things you are saying about fob. That all who listen to em are teenage girls. Fob is music, my opinion is if you don't like fob then that's cool but I'm sure you have better things to do than hate on them. Although I just wasted like three minutes of my life lol.....
    Blood__water15
    There's a lot of people saying that whoever listens to fob are teenage girls. I have to strongly dissagree I know tons of guys plus myself who love the band and personally I think they have great music. They are actually my favorite band. I agree with anyone who says if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. I mean really we don't go hating on the bands you like. You should actually be glad fob is so popular becuase if people liked them half as much as they enjoyed fob we could be he ones saying the only reason they are popular is because they are sell outs and teenage girls are the only fans. Apparently no one reads the forum rules before making an acount because it states not to post hate comments and there's definately been a lot of hating lol. For all the haters out there why are you wasting your time rippin on fob when you could be listening to or disscussing your own bands. People just do not make any sense.
    Blood__water15
    I fixed it so there are two posts that look a lot alike and as to answer your question mitch311 I have been playing guitar for about 5 years now give a few months and I do know most of their songs so I guess you could call them (decent) I don't know if you were trying to rip on fob fans or you were actually curious but that's my honest answer