From Under the Cork Tree review by Fall Out Boy

• Released: May 3, 2005
Fall Out Boy: From Under the Cork Tree

The sound is very good and has that crisp american edge to it. This album isn't going to set the world alight but it should gain Fall Out Boy a few new fans with their hooky pop-punk style or as they describe themselves 'softcore'. Pity about the unusually long track names e.g. 'I slept with someone from fall out boy and all I got was this stupid song written about me'. And theres more!

The lyrics are better than I expected with songs like 'Dance, Dance' having a very mature feel to them. And for a good-time band they outclass many of there peers. Some of the singing is wonderful and the backing singers are very good too. The mature tone of the album can be seen on 'Get Busy Living Or...'

A very solid album, there are no songs you would class as bad. Stand outs include 'Dance, Dance', 'Sugar, Were Going down', 'Champagne...' and 'I slept with...' The only thing I don't like is the rant the singer has at the end of 'Get busy living...' Overall a good album that does enough to move Fall Out Boy out of the crowd and into their own light.