From Under the Cork Tree review by Fall Out Boy

• Released: May 3, 2005
Fall Out Boy: From Under the Cork Tree

After my friend burned me Fall out Boy's first record, I was hooked and had to buy "From Under The Cork Tree." At first, I didn't like it as much as "Take This To Your Grave" but after listening to it again, I realized it was such a great record! Fall Out Boy sounds a bit like Jimmy Eat World and Blink 182 combined.

Of course when I said they sounded a bit like Blink 182, not the lyrics! The lyrics are much more mature and similar to those in the first record. They have deeper topics in this CD. I love Patrick's voice, it's smooth and original. He sings pretty much the same as in their debut album but his voice is much deeper in "I've got a drak alley and..." which was cool.

I think it's a little better than "Take This To Your Grave." Although I love every song, my favorite songs are: "Our Lawyer Made Us...", "Of All The Gin Joints In The World," "Dance, Dance," "Sugar, We're Goin Down," "7 Minutes In Heaven" and "Sohomore Slump Or Comeback..." I love everything about it! If it were stolen, I would definetly buy it again. Fall Out Boy are a great band that many people could relate too. Try them out!