From Under the Cork Tree review by Fall Out Boy

• Released: May 3, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 6.3 Neat
Fall Out Boy: From Under the Cork Tree

The sound is a little different from "Take This To Your Grave." It's got a whole lot more of a pop-punk sound now. They seemed to have used a whole lot more powerchords in this album. The music isn't bad sounding but it could have used a little more originality. It sounds just like any other punk band, but nothing too special.

The lyrics weren't bad. They seemed to have a little feel to them as if he actually took time to write them, so they don't sound stupid. Some of the songs sound like they have some weird messages though. Other than that it sounds good with the music. The singer isn't too bad. I like him though cause he sounds a little different from some other punk bands.

If I had to pick, I would probably pick their first album over this. This album seems to much like they tried to sound like someone else. It doesn't really have any originality to it. That lost points for me. I only really liked 3 songs from the album "Sugar We're Goin Down," "A Little Less 16 Candles A Little More Touch Me" and "Sophomore Slump Or Comeback Of The Year." If your looking for something special I wouldn't recommend it (only if you're already a fan). If it were lost or stolen I would just burn a copy from a friend.