From Under the Cork Tree review by Fall Out Boy

• Released: May 3, 2005
Fall Out Boy: From Under the Cork Tree

Fall Out Boy have a very unique and interesting sound about them. Patrick's voice is unlike anyone else I can think of and there are plenty of guitar highlights throughout the album. Some songs after the first listen you feel you almost know the song because pop punk is almost a typical genre. Not really an essential buy but for Fall Out Boy fans, obsessed or just heard a song I do recommend it.

Pete Wentz has a very different approach to his lyrics, covering the true meaning (which are normally of stalking, sex or both) with deep, dirty and sometimes confusing lines. He uses great style in writing the songs of FUTCT as of every FOB album. Patricks voice does the lyrics justice, his voice completeing them as if a story was being displayed through them and he was telling it.

Fall Out Boy are sky high in the pop punk genre and it seems they can do no wrong and they find a funny way of planting their ever catchy songs into your brain till you want to rip it out. I wouldn't say they are the band on 2005 but watch this space.