From Under the Cork Tree review by Fall Out Boy

• Released: May 3, 2005
Fall Out Boy: From Under the Cork Tree

This is truly a fresh, unique, fun CD. One thing that stood out for me were the prominent guitar sounds that are often hidden in today's pop/rock. It gave an edge to the music and kept it from being just another poppy sounding collection. There were no fillers on this CD, every song could stand on its own. Strong melodies and hooks are found all over this CD. The vocals are catchy and the lyrics can best be described as clever and ironic. Fall Out Boy definitely has their own sound. They do not sound like any other band and that is truly rare these days. This is what Simple Plan, Newfound Glory, etc all want to sound like. Look for a ton of Fall Out Boy copy bands to be signed soon!

The lyrics really are what makes Fall Out Boy unique and original. Those that didn't enjoy the lyrics really just didn't get them. They have real depth, bitterness, humor and irony that is lost on the average 13 year old but I find fantastic (and I'm 35). These are lyrics that can be listened to and enjoyed for their seeming simplicity and rhymes or analyzed a little deeper and enjoyed on other levels.

I am very pleased with Fall Out Boy and eagerly anticipate their new CD. I hope their originality and success causes other aspiring bands to create their own sound and not just copy what is proven and popular at the moment. A great CD that is well worth the money. I'd throttle the punk who stole it but gladly buy another if it went missing.

ChronZerg
    Here is what I say: Fall out boy has always had very deep and catchy lyrics. They love to mush together a bunch of words to give their music a great feel. I like this album alot. Lol, honestly, Fall Out Boy has always been somewhat obsessed with sex (aren't we all) writing some suggestive comment in almost all their songs. In spite of this, Fall Out Boy remains to come across and make their points clear. Alot of their songs are simply about a guys "love-life" and how he deals with girls. This is extremely attractive to teenage guys like me, looking for music that relates to yourself. This album was prety cool. I like it.