From Under the Cork Tree review by Fall Out Boy

• Released: May 3, 2005
Fall Out Boy: From Under the Cork Tree

Fall Out Boy is quite an amazing band. They definitely know how to put a tune together, and this album is clear evidence of that. The sound of Patrick Stump's SG thrown in with Joe Hurley's Telecaster is lovely. All in all, the guitars are never doing anything too difficult, but they mix with vocals and drums perfectly. I found it interesting that Pete Wentz wrote all of the songs, but Patrick is singing, that's pretty sweet, since most vocalists are also lyricists for the band. The sound overall is awesome, and the record never gets old.

Personally, I consider Peter Wentz to be a lyrical genius. The use of metaphors is beautiful, such as in songs like "XO" and "Sophomore Slump Or Comeback Of The Year." Although Pete's writing ability is definitely up to par, you still have the cliches of other punk rock bands, e.g. fretting over losing a girl, hating the girl for leaving you, etc. All in all, the lyrics fit the style great, and Patrick sings them wonderfully. He is a very talented singer, and is a perfect fit with FOB.

This is probably one of my favorite albums that I own, and it is usually my first choice when going through my CD case in the car. Fall Out Boy is comparable to many artists, but they have that certain flavor that sets them apart from the crowd. My favorite songs are "XO" and "Get Busy Living, Or Get Busy Dying." Both tunes use wonderful lyric writing and melodies in the perfect mix. I love just about everything on this album, this is one CD I can listen to all the way through. If it were lost or stolen, I would most definitely go pick up another copy, it would definitely be worth the fifteen bucks to buy again. Fall Out Boy rocks, and I can't wait to hear what they'll give us next.

dimebag7
    Sorry just cant get into this kinda music, my exmple is,"Were going down down in the bully down!" or whatever.