From Under the Cork Tree review by Fall Out Boy

• Released: May 3, 2005
Fall Out Boy: From Under the Cork Tree

Fall Out Boy mixes the powerchords of punk rocks and the lyrics of emo. And that's not a bad thing, in most cases. FOB's music is very catchy and easy to remember and it sounds good, unlike most punk-rock band. It probably appeals to more younger fans and girls (no offense, I know some girls are headbangers, most aren't) because of it has a lighter sound and because everyone goes through a phase when they listen to punk rock. But FOB sounds the same and gets boring. It all sounds the same, and again, it's boring, and you have to be a die-hard fan to be able to listen to the whole album at one time. Nevertheless, worth $10.

Very catchy. Kinda emo, which does get annoying, but generally feels laid-back and relaxed, and has a twist of country throwm I'm sometimes. There really isn't more to say, besides that it seems that Patrick Stump cared about his lyrics and actually thought them through.

FOB is definatly worth listening to if you like punk rock and lighter emo, and worth listening to even if your not in to that kind of music. Probably the best songs are 7 Minutes In Heaven and I've Got A Dark Alley And A Bad Idea That Says You Should Shut Your Mouth for the way the lyrics and music seem to flow seamlessly. I'd love to see the lyrics stay the same, but make it a wee bit heavier and not punk rock. If it was stolen, yeah I'd buy another one, it's worth it.

d_byrne23
    simply put i just cant stand to look at or hear these guys, and its not that i hate the genre, their are some ok emo bands and yes i said that, i dont listen to them but i respect them for what they do, fall out boy is brutal
    Pickleboy03
    dimebag7 wrote: Sorry just cant get into this kinda music, my exmple is,"Were going down down in the bully down!" or whatever.
    Wow, congratulations on butchering some great lyrics buddy. It is "We're going down, down in an earlier round". These actually happen to be really well thought lyrics and catchy. My example "So wear me like a locket around your throat/ I'll weigh you down I'll watch you choke/ You look so good in blue". This is a bit dark, but, what this is saying is that he is going to choke this girl. The first two lines are kinda obvious, him just putting his hands around her neck and pushing her down and holding tight, but that last line is what gets me, "You look so good in blue" means that she is suffocating because you turn blue when you are suffocating and saying that she looks good because girls are always wondering how they look. The whole cd is filled with lines like this, that take some thinking to understand. (That line is from Nobody Puts Baby In the Corner)
    boyan89
    FALL OUT BOY!!!!!RULES!!!!!i just got the cd 2day but i love it and i got the limited edition one with 5 bonus tracks so get it awesome and its cheaper than the original one and better
    alex15kim
    in my opinion...i think this got to be one of the worst album besides a few songs. don't get me wrong, but if you actually heard their old album, you'd probably agree with me. "take this to your grave" was an absolutely amazing album, i got it like 3 years ago and it's still one of my top 5 albums. but after they released this album and they went on mtv and etc, i lost all respect for them. it sounds nothing like what they used to sound like...