From Under the Cork Tree review by Fall Out Boy

• Released: May 3, 2005
Fall Out Boy: From Under the Cork Tree

Fall Out Boy really knows how to make great music. The sounds are great, the guitars, bass, drums and vocals fit greatly together.

Oh the lyrics, the songs. The usual Fall Out Boy song titles, very long and sometimes, ironic or pointless. For example: "Our Lawyer Made Us Change The Name Of This Song So We Wouldn't Get Sued" that was like 1 line of the review! the lyrics though. They're bitter, insulting. But the way Patrick sings them. They're like tongue twisters, I can't understand what he's saying! especially in the song "Sugar, We're Goin' Down." I didn't understand the chorus very well. Although I can't understand it, the lyrics really go well with the song they're in. Patrick Stumph ain't really the best singer, but his voice really goes well with their songs, and he knows when to raise his voice, and when not to.

It definitely compares to others, cause Fall Out Boy is very unique, and most of the time, you can distinguish a Fall Out Boy song from a different artist's song. The most impressive songs for me would probably be: "Sugar, We're Goin' Down", "Dance, Dance", "A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More Touch Me", "Of All The Gin Joints In All The World" and "Xo". I practically love most of the things about the album except probably when they make their voices metallic. If it were stolen or lost, I'd probably buy it again since it's an album worth listening to.

sutton24
    pnkr0cker
    I agreed with this guy totally. They are very melodic, but I think the reason why people do not think patrick is a good singer is because they're used to po music singing, but pat is totally different. I think the reason why they changed their point of veiw so much is that on "Take This to Your Grave" sounded to much the same or all their songs were connected some how. I also think sutton24 didn't take the time to get used to the songs on from under the cork tree. It took me a while to get used to FOB
    RocKuH DudE
    sutton24 wrote: where goin downtown in a lulerelaa?! I can't understand what he is trying to say catchy though
    that's not what he said... this is what he said "we're goin down, down in an earlier round" you should really listen to the songs more. i listen to it all over and over again, all the time. coz Fall Out Boy ROCKZ \m/O_o\m/
    last summer
    this album is brilliant. i listen to it alot and its that good i should be playing "dance, dance" with my band in the talent show at my school!!! oh and pete is quite nice!dey rock!