From Under the Cork Tree review by Fall Out Boy

• Released: May 3, 2005
Fall Out Boy: From Under the Cork Tree

Fall Out Boy has been gifted with two great guitarists, an awesome bassist, an excellent drummer, and a fantastic singer. The sound of this album is completely different from that of Take This To Your Grave, but not in a bad way. The lyrics and the instruments mesh together perfectly, and they are very nicely balanced. Although Fall Out Boy doesn't do very difficult stuff in their music (I'm 13, and I can play most of their stuff), they do it in such a way that it sounds very neat. The style they use is unmatchable, and the sound overall is fantastic.

When I first listen to a Fall Out Boy song, I try to focus on the way the music sounds as opposed to what is being said, because usually, I cant really tell what the words are. Patrick has one of the greatest voices in music today, and the lyrics-once you understand them-stay with you. The song titles are original, which makes you remember them. The lyrics are really good, and the voice behind them is masterful. I like the way that the songs tell a part of a story. The words themselves are unlike any songs I have ever heard. Pete Wentz is a great writer, and Patrick Stump is a great singer. End of story.

When I first saw the music video for Sugar We're Goin Down on MTV, I wasn't really that impressed. At the time, I thought that Fall Out Boy was nothing special, just another wannabe emo punk band. However, when I got From Under the Cork Tree, it was a rather large shock how good they were. The mainstream left out some of the best songs on this album. With Sugar We're Goin Down, Dance, Dance, and A Little Less Sixteen Candles widely known about, its about times that people stopped listening to just the hits and started listening to all of the songs. When I first listened to songs like Nobody Puts Baby In The Corner and Xo I realized the best parts from From Under The Cork Tree werent just in 3 or 4 songs, they were in every song. The only song that I didnt exactly like was I've Got A Dark Alley And A Bad Idea That Says You Should Shut Your Mouth. What do I love about this album? Everything. What do I hate about it? Nothing.

bTOMd
    it doesnt take that long to figure out what choking someone and them looking blue as u made it out to be
    MusicMan666
    Fall out boy is absolutely awful. The suck. Period. There are many other talented musicians who deserve attention and these guys aren't one of them. They aren't talented musicicans at all. There just a bunch of fat guys who wail on their guitars with symplistic melodies and awful singing and call it music.