Infinity On High review by Fall Out Boy

• Released: Feb 5, 2007
Fall Out Boy: Infinity On High

Fall Out Boy has achieved a fantastic album with great sound there are some songs on this CD that stay true to the Fall Out Boy form, but there are also some that stretch beyond the typical Fall Out Boy song and one ("You're Crashing But You're no wave") shows a deeper, darker, more meaningful lyrical style for them. My impression of the "new" sound? I think that both the old and the new sound are brilliant, although the new sound is a great change and as a whole makes the album better and less recycled. The album cover seems to have a "fairy tale theme" which is mostly unattatched to the album as a whole.

Rundown of the songs: 01. Thriller - great song with an intro by Jay-Z (which almost makes me skip the song) I think the song has okay lyrics not the best not the worst. 02. The Take Over, The Breaks Over - I really like the bouncy feel to this song and it is definitely a great song, one of my favorites. 03. This Aint A Scene, It's An Arms Race - I really liked this when it first came out but has gotten pretty stale still not bad. 04. I'm Like A Lawyer With The Way I'm Always Trying To Get You Off (Me & You) - really dig this one it kinda sounds R&B-ish this may make or break the album for you. 05. Hum Hallelujah - great song the choir singing halleleujah hallelooo is a nice touch. 06. Golden - mellow not the best but still really good. Reminds me of Cancer alittle (off the Black Parade) with the style buit not the lyrics. 07. Thnks Fr Th Mmmrs - good song really sexual, even for FOB. shrt lng title is kind of immature though. 08. Don't You Know Who I Think I Am? - 3 words: second best song. 09. The (after) Life Of The Party - another mellow song great song though. In my opinion better than golden. 10.The Carpal Tunnel Of Love - geaviest on the album no doubt. Still catchy screaming isn't amazing and wasn't needed, I still like it though. 11. Bang The Doldrums - great song Decididly piratey, you'll see what I mean. 12. Fame < Infamy - my favorite musically tied with the next song. 13. You're Crashing But You're No Wave - this is the big one great song unique for this band the reason it gets a 10. Should've been the last song due to the ending with the crowd and just because it leaves you in awe. 14. I've Got All This Ringing In My Ears And None On My Fingers - great song not too heavy not too light the chorus as always is catchy despite the darkness in Pete's lyrics. Pete's lyrics still focus mainly on women but are still brilliant in my opinion.

Many already have chosen (love or hate) whether they like this band or not, I say try it no matter what. I've had people who hate the band like the CD and people who love them hate it, I've also had them love both and hate both. I love the newer song and don't hate anything but get mad sometimes that the whole CD wasn't like a new approach for them. I'd buy this CD again if I forgot it at my house and I was on a vacation so definitely I'd buy it again if stolen or lost.