Infinity On High review by Fall Out Boy

• Released: Feb 5, 2007
Fall Out Boy: Infinity On High

Wow, FOB has come some ways sing FUCT, and it shows. They have evolved more as a band. There is still a lot of classic bar chord choruses like Sugar, We're Goin' Down, but they funky it up a bit. This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race is the first single, it has a bit of an R&B feel during the verses, but as me and my friend discussed, hey for them, it really works. There is also a bit of funk goin on in "The Take Over... It shows them evolving. But one of the best songs I have ever heard from FOB and many other artists is Thnks Fr Th Mmrs. It has great sort of MCR/FOB mix feel to it. My least favorite though is (Me & You). I don't know why I just don't like it a lot.

The lyrics are so amazingly catchy. Especially This Ain't A Scene. The lyrics fit perfectly with Patrick Stump's voice, somehow everything clicks. And you hear Pete and Joe in songs like The Carpel Tunnel Of Love, screaming. Yeah, I know FOB screaming is weird, but it shows them exploring, but it's also not half bad. There is also a lot of "choir" singing. Where everything goes quiet and a choir sings the chorus. Lyrics overall? Great job for these guys!

The band has changed sound and everything else along the way, but it's still just as good (if not better) than FUCT. Everything now is so amazingly catchy in this album that it's hard for me not to like. I have a bunch of people wanting to borrow it, but I don't want to let it go. For any FOB fan, you will truly love this. My personal favorites are: This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race, Hum Hallelujah, Thnks Fr Th Mmrs, Thriller and The Take Over, The Break's Over. Go out and buy this record, you will not be dissapointed, well, I wasn't.