Infinity On High review by Fall Out Boy

• Released: Feb 5, 2007
Fall Out Boy: Infinity On High

Well I've been a huge fan of Fall Out Boy for quite a while now and I love all there records but 'Infinity On High' goes behond love, it's an amazing piece of pure, up-beat, catchy, not emo, Dancy, rocking music and has a far different sound and feel compared to there previous albums but in a good way. Tracks like first single 'This Aint A Scene, it's An Arms Race', 'Thnks Fr Th Mmrs', 'Fame<Infamy' and the ultra catchy 'Iv'e Got All This Ringing In My Ears And None On My Fingers' (which has the most Rocky like intro ever) have the anthemic sing-along choruses in bundles.

I reckon the lyrics are just brilliant and different in places. most noticable in 'This Ain't A Scene' where they mainly try to prove to those emo labeling tw*ts what they are really about. Singer Patrick Stump with his great singing voice really sings his heart out on songs like 'I'm Like A Lawyer' and 'Golden' (Fall Out Boy's first and great attempt at a piano ballad) where what I think he sings about is basically him realising he was wrong about something and having to face up to his enemies. The whole album deals with everything from love/loss and proving a point which I reckon everyone can relate to.

Compared to there previous albums, I really do think this could be one of there best and I seriously recommend to anyone who hasn't got it yet and those who need a bit of top class pop/punk rock on there ipod or mp3 player, to go out and buy it. Tracks that I reckon are a must to listen to are Thriller, This aint a scene, I'm Like A Lawyer, Thks Fr Th Mmrs, Fame < Infamy and I've Got All This Ringing (sorry I coudn't be bothered typeing in the whole of the song names, there so damn long) but overall, 'Infinity on High' is a defonate must for any FOB fan.