Infinity On High review by Fall Out Boy

• Released: Feb 5, 2007
Fall Out Boy: Infinity On High

Fall Out Boy's sounds have always been varied in every track of all of their albums. This statement goes no less in their newest CD titled "Infinity On High". From "Thriller", which gives heavy guitar riffs in the instrumentals as well as melodies, to Golden, which has piano and vocals that make up most of the song and slows down the pace a little from the fast paced beats. On the last track, "I've Got All This Ringing In My Ears And None On My Fingers", it is mainly made out of horn instruments and the piano, which sounds a little jazzy, but then gets back to it's rock roots with the guitars, drums, and bass. Overall, the sounds in this records sound incredibly well from song to song.

The lyrics in this CD somehow make sense, even though in Fall Out Boy's previous albums, From Under the Cork Tree, Take This To Your Grave, Fall Out Boy's Evening Out With Your Girlfriend, Split, and My Heart Will Always Be The B-Side To My Tongue, hadn't really given a true meaning to them. There is a great improvement to Pete's writing skills from their beginnings to now. Patrick's vocals have gotten higher pitched than before, but that adds a better sound and blends in with the instruments. Pete's and Joe's vocals add a lot more to the songs, since they sing more than their previous CDs.

The top 5 songs in "Infinity On High" are (in my opinion) Fame < Infamy, Thriller, The Carpal Tunnel of Love, Don't You Know Who I Think I am?, and Hum Hallelujah. Many genres have influenced the whole of this CD, such as jazz, pop, heavy metal, classical, and a lot more. The best part of Infinity On High was that there was a greater effort put in by Pete, Patrick, Joe, and Andy to create each and every song. There is actually nothing to dislike in this CD, since it gives so much creativity and leaves you off in a great mood after each song.