Infinity On High review by Fall Out Boy

• Released: Feb 5, 2007
Fall Out Boy: Infinity On High

The guitars are very well organized, and the Drums keep a very great beat that couples well with the other instruments. With special vocals from Butch Walker on "You're Crashing, But You're No Wave" and a Piano Ballad with the song "Golden" this album is very diverse. Many of the songs on it continue with the sounds of both "From Under the Cork Tree" and "Take This to Your Grave", like "The Take Over, The Breaks Over", and "I'm Like a Lawyer with the Way I'm Always Trying to Get You Off (Me & You)". The Sound of this album is better than "From Under The Cork Tree" over all.

The lyrics in this album are very deep and to get the full aspect of them a person has to listen to them very carefully. The words cover such topics as: The growing Emo Genre in music("This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race"), Lost Love("I'm Like a Lawyer with the Way I'm Always Trying to Get You Off (Me + You)"), and the One Night Stand("Thnks fr th Mmrs"). Patrick Stump has a great voice and shows it off in this Album, giving great emotion and strength to every song, especially in the song "Golden".

With the breakout success of "From Under the Cork Tree", Fall Out Boy had to try to top that great album, and they did just that. Not only did they outdo the last album, they went above that with better music, larger variety of songs(while still keeping with the styling of the last album), deeper lyrics, and overall better presentation. This band is getting better as musicians as well as Peter Wentz getting better as a lyricist. Since this album has so many great songs, in my opinion I would say the best songs are: "Thriller", "This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race", "I'm Like a Lawyer with the Way I'm Always Trying to Get You Off (Me + You)", "Golden", "Thnks fr th Mmrs", "Fame < Infamy", and "I've Got All This Ringing in My Ears and None on My Fingers". So far the best by Fall Out Boy, By Far the Best.