Infinity On High review by Fall Out Boy

logo Ultimate Guitar
  • Released: Feb 5, 2007
  • Sound: 9
  • Lyrics: 10
  • Overall Impression: 10
  • Reviewer's score: 9.7 Superb
  • Users' score: 6.2 (567 votes)
Fall Out Boy: Infinity On High
0

Sound — 9
We're back with another Fall Out Boy album. This means more power chords, quick drum beats and overly sarcastic lyrics, right? Well, yes and no. It is the same Fall Out Boy we've grown to love/hate, but there's something more upbeat and more stylish on "Infinity On High". There are still catchy riffs and pumping energy, but it's just gotten a lot better. The production quality is spectacular, what with Babyface and all, and there's more cameos, including a particularly hilarious intro by Jay-Z on "Thriller".

Lyrics — 10
The best description of the lyrics could be that they are sarcastically self conscious. They know that they're Fall Out Boy, and they know what people think of them. Yet they've still got some of the biggest balls in the music industry for sticking to what they love to do. You've still got the somewhat "emo" lines, such as "Sometimes we take chances, sometimes we take pills". Not the most lyrically insightful pieces, but it's catchy and it's something people can sing along to. Patrick's voice has seemed to improve a lot, as well. He's stepped back a bit from the normal whine to lay down some almost soulful vocals.

Overall Impression — 10
You've heard Fall Out Boy before, and this is them. They've changed in terms of production and overall feel, but they're still sticking to what they do best. They don't get bogged down in "oh, is this riff technical enough?" or "let's write a song about war and how bad it is!" I'd rather listen to an honest band than a band too stuck up in message and technicality, and I think that's what music should be. You should just listen to it, without overanalyzing it. "Infinity on High" just rocks. It's an enjoyable album from a band that stays real to itself. Key tracks include "This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race", "Thriller", "Hum Hallelujah", "'The Take Over, The Breaks Over'", "Thnks Fr Th Mmrs", and "The Carpal Tunnel of Love".

221 comments sorted by best / new / date

    katieb13
    i didn't get the cd, but omg. i'm pissed because i hate rap! fall out boy sold out. they're going to tour with pall wall. wtf! this is yet another band that was great until they got bigger and more famous, and then they suck.
    Murderface x3
    If only GG allin could see you calling all these gayfag bands punk. Fall out boy, Blink 182... It makes me sick. GG just rolled over in his grave.
    Guitar_Dude777
    I dont understand why mka12992 gave the album a full overall 10 when he clearly doesnt like parts of the album..... he should truely be more clear with his grading
    Do Re Mi
    Mrs. Jimmy Page said: "emo music is pointless, because if you're famous you don't have a reason to complain about emo things." You can be famous and still have things to complain about...that's a terrible point...by saying that you reject decades of music... Even bands like Led Zeppelin talked about love and not getting it and being cheated on...so...psssh.
    Murderface x3
    Do Re Mi wrote: lmao and also...I like how they raved about that lyric... "You're crashing but you're not a wave..." They've been asked in interviews what lyrics they like the most and that one has come up a bit... If that's good... I'd hate to see bad... Here's some lyrics I've been kicking around... "You're red but you're not a firetruck" "You're blue but you're not the sky" "You're running but you're not a refrigerator" It took me 2 whole minutes to get those! -.-
    Dam straight
    iheart_a7x
    Fall Out Boy is still a good band. And they do have talent. If they didn't why would they be such a big band right now? They're a pop band. Simple as that. But they're still good anyways.
    Murderface x3
    iheart_a7x wrote: Fall Out Boy is still a good band. And they do have talent. If they didn't why would they be such a big band right now? They're a pop band. Simple as that. But they're still good anyways.
    Bull crap. Bands with no talent make it all the time. Like, say...A7X.
    cerveza
    Vrstone87 wrote: I would much rather dig my ear out with a spork than EVER hear FOB again, I quit listening to ALL radio because of bands like them and Nickleback. Playing songs(if you can even call them that) that revolve are 3 chords(Sugar, We're Going Down) degrade music these days. Bring back complex solos and the days where guitarists actually knew how to solo and not just run scales. Motley Crue, GNR, VH, those were the days..
    haha i don't like fallout boy either, but i do like Nickelback. Chad Kroeger is a dick but he's a great songwriter and a decent guitar player. as for Motley Crue, GNR, VH, those are some of my favourite artists but most of their songs are easy 3 chord songs
    twistedmaggot
    anyone else notice that the singer on the pic on the main page looks like a gay elf? or was that just me
    Schizopathic
    King_Rew wrote: You mean the metal bands we listen to aren't bandwagons? Yeah, that's my inspiration for talking shit about an untalented group of boy band rejects. I forgot that the essence of rock and roll lies in bands like fall out boy. I forgot that the more popular a band is the better they must be. Damn, I feel so stupid. You were right about one thing, fall out boy certainly isn't the best. You are the typical emo kid who is afraid of metal. I give every type of music a chance, hell, I give every band a chance despite their genre. But you emo kids just say "DUDE METAL SUCKS!!!" without any argument to back it up besides that you don't like the screaming. Screaming adds contrast to the vocal track. Rock isn't about pretty vocals, I hate how emo bands will recruit a singer just because of his voice, and he will either play rhythm guitar or clutch a microphone with both hands. All these pop bands put so much importance on the vocals they forget that the essence of rock is the guitar. But hey, who needs talent when you can just draft a good singer to spew out the bullshit lyrics you write about heartbreak and high school love affairs? I'd rather listen to screaming and harsh vocals than music without any substance. It's alright though, emo kids are too fragile for hardcore music, it reminds them them of when their step-dads used to beat them for painting their nails black.
    I take a little bit of offense to this. Because I consider myself somewhat of an emo kid, I like some emo music, I used to cut myself when I felt bad,but I'll listen to Hardcore, Death Metal, Heavy Metal. I'm not usually a big death metal fan because of the over-abuse of the double bass. But some of my favorite bands like Norma Jean, Tool, Throwdown, and stuff like that. I love screaming, it does add quite a depth that just plain old singing cannot. I will give any kind of music a chance to prove itself. But I'd have to say my favorite music is hardcore or metalcore.
    solidruler21
    the reason fall out boy got a near 10 was because a fan wrote it, whether it was a fan of the genre or a fan of fall out boy. what we really need is an unbiased review, from someone who doesn't have a favorite genre. metal heads, classic rockers, will despise and shit on this album as hard as they could fans of pop will cherish it and glorify it's simpleness. me, I'm a metal head, but I won't shit on the album. Fall Out Boy have a unique formula for writing music. Sure, it's not metal, but dont' rate it as metal. Rate it as for what it is, pop music. For pop music, FOB does the job, and they do it right. They have a unique formula for writing extremely catchy songs that have boys and girls around the world singing and humming it. For metal music, they total suck balls. My point is this, if you dont' like the music, fine, don't come to their review and read it and they say oh man they suck. First off, if you hate them so damn much, why did you read the review?? It really is a mind twister. I don't like fall out boy either, but I don't hate them with a passion, and I read their review to see what people thought of it. But honestly, I wish someone at UG wrote it, cuz UG usually has an unbiased review for new cds. And rock/metal is not dead, just hiding in the corners, waiting to strike, and take over the radio waves!!
    \m/(--_--)\m/
    If a band can get famous based on one member's looks (as most people here believe), shouldn't Children of Bodom be up there with Fall Out Boy? I will admit, as a heterosexual male, that Alexi Laiho is a good looking guy. (And as a side note, he obviously doesn't have a gender, because he is a god, he just chooses to take the form of a man)
    vote-claypool
    if you wanna hear some REAL ****in music go get yourself a ****in pantera or bls album. that should help those emo kids grow some nuts. and as for people saying if i dont like fall out boy, dont look at shit about em, i just wanted to see how many people actually thought theyre a good band, and by the looks of it, not too many. RIP dime
    vote-claypool
    Hashmire420 wrote: Preps like no makeup, shop at Abercrombie, wear bright colors, and listen to Fall Out Boy, RHCP. Sorry but its the truth.
    **** that shit, i love the ****in red hot chili peppers and have for ****in ever, and i do believe id **** someone up for calling me a prep for listening to the chili peppers
    benenov
    I saw the video for their new song, and it's absolutely terrible, I'd rather listen to My Chemical Romance than this shitty mcshifest. At least they finally came out, what with all the sleeping together with their arms around one another. Fucking homos.
    istegal
    i really think people should listen to the cd and judge for themselves.... on the other hand all those people giving it 10 piss me off
    Do Re Mi
    lmao and also...I like how they raved about that lyric... "You're crashing but you're not a wave..." They've been asked in interviews what lyrics they like the most and that one has come up a bit... If that's good... I'd hate to see bad... Here's some lyrics I've been kicking around... "You're red but you're not a firetruck" "You're blue but you're not the sky" "You're running but you're not a refrigerator" It took me 2 whole minutes to get those! -.-
    Murderface x3
    blinnk16 wrote: Whoever wrote "EMO" over a bajillion times ought to get slapped. Not even because I disagree, just because he's a moron. The lyrics for the song "You're crashing, but you're not a wave," are about Saddam Huessein from what I gather. Not such a great album, but good lyrics.
    You should go back to your room and make out with your Travis Barker poster some more
    faqu
    Checked. I let a lot of you people get away with some of the comments, I just warned the baddest ones. we wont give you another try, dont spam.
    sk8terdude9390
    John Frusciante has more talent in his little pinky than all the emo guitarists put together. thank god rhcp is still around, cuz that was the only album i bought last year, since everything else was like these bands. but stadium arcadium is a kickass album.
    Screw MTV
    elkabong306 wrote: i dont really understand why FOB is always the subject of debate, or any other band for that matter. i personally liked TTTYG, cork tree wasnt bad, and i have yet to hear this album, but people always give me s*** for listening to them. I dont care about their image at all, i'll just listen to em' cause they write catchy songs. If you love the cd thats great, if you dont then thats cool to. As long as you listen to music in any style, shape, or form, no one should care what anyone else likes. atleast that is how i have always viewed it.
    its not that you like them, its the fact that they have no talent and are another record company driven band that sucks. that makes people upset that you like them. people wouldnt care if the band WAS good.. i like AC/DC a lot and kids at school will say they're old why do you like them? but they know AC/DC is a great band so they shut up eventually.
    Screw MTV
    King_Rew wrote: orion910 wrote: Wow, I really dunno why there is so much hate going on here. I personally think fall out boy is a very talented band, and I LOVE the new cd. I know that they don't have solos, or really hard guitar parts, but seriously, does a bands songs have to be hard to play for it to be good? And not all of the songs use the same chords at different tempos, I think each song has a very unique sound. So for those that haven't heard the CD I wouldn't really be talking. Have a good day! :-D (And for the record, I don't listen to a bunch of "emo" music, I listen to alot of different types of bands from Classic rock, to coldplay and john mayer, so I'm not a little emo teenie bopper kid, Lol.) Well, this is a tab site, so go look up some fall out boy tabs and you can see for yourself how redundent their riffs are. I have this emo girl I know that simply loves fall out boy, and does nothing but play their new album in her car. I noticed on one of the songs, I forget which, the whole chorus melody is stolen from an 80s pop song, but god I can't remember which. If you think every song is very unique you are tone deaf. The fact that they cant play their instruments is just one of the many factors that are taken into consideration when labeling fall out boy as a shitty band. But yes, if you are making a living playing a guitar and you've done it for years and years, and you do it every ****ing day, you should take the time to PRACTICE IT AND ACTUALLY BE GOOD AT IT. There is no such thing as a half-assed surgeon, why are there so many half-assed guitarists? If it is your profession you better be good at it. The problem is that they are not passionate about the instruments they play, nor are they passionate about rock. They want the fame, the glory, the praise, but don't want to do any hard work to get it. They are a pretty boy band, if they were physically ugly no one would know who they are. They record their half-assed riffs, then go off and party all night and day until they are forced to make more music. A real musician never puts down his or her guitar. It would be one thing if they were evolving as artists, I could look past the fact that Take This To Your Grave was the worst instrumental album ever created if their lead guitar ACTUALLY PLAYED LEAD GUITAR. They have 3 ****ing rhythm guitars, all playing the same ****ing thing. You can look at a band like Underoath, who aren't very complex with what they play, but they are very complex with HOW they play it. Music you can actually listen to without lyrics. If it wasnt for patrick stump singing, fall out boy would be nothing. A good band is a band that can be just as popular without a vocal track for high school girls to beat off to. and dont DARE call fall out boy "punk", you ****ing kids dont even know what punk is. Punk died before you were even born. Punk isnt how you dress or being rebelious or singing about killing your girlfriend; punk is bands like NoFX, bad religion, rancid, the ramones, sex pistols, its a genre of music. It's ANTI-ESTABLISHMENT rock, fall out boy has never made an anti-establishment song. Girls arent an establishment you dumb shits. Fall out boy is not, has never been, and will never be a real rock band, just like The All American rejects.
    i could not have said that better
    Hashmire420
    Screw MTV wrote: elkabong306 wrote: i dont really understand why FOB is always the subject of debate, or any other band for that matter. i personally liked TTTYG, cork tree wasnt bad, and i have yet to hear this album, but people always give me s*** for listening to them. I dont care about their image at all, i'll just listen to em' cause they write catchy songs. If you love the cd thats great, if you dont then thats cool to. As long as you listen to music in any style, shape, or form, no one should care what anyone else likes. atleast that is how i have always viewed it. its not that you like them, its the fact that they have no talent and are another record company driven band that sucks. that makes people upset that you like them. people wouldnt care if the band WAS good.. i like AC/DC a lot and kids at school will say they're old why do you like them? but they know AC/DC is a great band so they shut up eventually.
    Sorry dude that was a sucky contradiction. Not many people still listen to AC/DC, but if someone hates FOB, you can argue until they shutup too. I dont know, I like them, I like pretty much all music except for stuff about death or injury. Mainly the metal bands that scream it so loudly that your ears themselves become injured. Now your gonna tell me that I am a metal hater, no I am a Metal vocals hater. I love the guitar, or the metal that the singers try to sing instead of yelling at me.
    sum41freak8733
    y is almost everyone on hear ***holes yeah ofcourse there not the most talented band big deal they do have some catchy songs not ALL music is about how GREAT AND GUITAR GOD LIKE you are yeah people like van halen kirk hammet jeff beck clapton bb king hendrix page are kik ass but not everyone has to be talented to just right a good song
    Screw MTV
    Hashmire420 wrote: Screw MTV wrote: elkabong306 wrote: i dont really understand why FOB is always the subject of debate, or any other band for that matter. i personally liked TTTYG, cork tree wasnt bad, and i have yet to hear this album, but people always give me s*** for listening to them. I dont care about their image at all, i'll just listen to em' cause they write catchy songs. If you love the cd thats great, if you dont then thats cool to. As long as you listen to music in any style, shape, or form, no one should care what anyone else likes. atleast that is how i have always viewed it. its not that you like them, its the fact that they have no talent and are another record company driven band that sucks. that makes people upset that you like them. people wouldnt care if the band WAS good.. i like AC/DC a lot and kids at school will say they're old why do you like them? but they know AC/DC is a great band so they shut up eventually. Sorry dude that was a sucky contradiction. Not many people still listen to AC/DC, but if someone hates FOB, you can argue until they shutup too. I dont know, I like them, I like pretty much all music except for stuff about death or injury. Mainly the metal bands that scream it so loudly that your ears themselves become injured. Now your gonna tell me that I am a metal hater, no I am a Metal vocals hater. I love the guitar, or the metal that the singers try to sing instead of yelling at me.
    im not goin to tell you anything man, this is a thread about stupid fall down boy, not you or me lol.
    TheNextPage23
    guitarguru4 wrote: King_Rew I agree with most of what you said...however, rock isn't dead. It merely was in retirement and while it was, Fall out Fags and Peen-Day shok the "rock scene" with power chords and 2-inch penises. Velevet Revolver is coming out wiht their new album, which you can't say won't be a rock album because of Slash. Rush's new album is on the way, and Iron Maiden has just released one. In addition, AC/DC is supposedly recording, so maybe when all of the emo ****s who like the new "Chicks with Dicks" rock scene hear all that, they'll throw out the hair dye and cut their fingernails and play something besides power chords. And someone up there said Zeppelin didn't use power chords...They did. Ever heard a little number called "Communication Breakdown", or "Stairway to Heaven"? Both of those songs use power chords, just to let you know.
    yes led zeppelin use power chords, but the entire song is not 3 power chords. obviously if you were a real guitarist you'd know that. how can you say that about the greatest band in the world, and back up fall out boy? i only have faith in Angus Young now to make a recording that will shut down the emo rock scene.
    Screw MTV
    sum41freak8733 wrote: y is almost everyone on hear ***holes yeah ofcourse there not the most talented band big deal they do have some catchy songs not ALL music is about how GREAT AND GUITAR GOD LIKE you are yeah people like van halen kirk hammet jeff beck clapton bb king hendrix page are kik ass but not everyone has to be talented to just right a good song
    lol you dont seem to get it. fall out boy are not the ones writing the "catchy" songs. the record label is, but no one would ever tell you that. fall out boy is a band bases upon there looks, and like king_rew said, they wouldnt be "noticed" or "liked" if they didnt look the way they do. fact is, they look appealing to the whole scene of preppy teenagers that are taking over. obviously music doesnt need a guitar god to sound good, but when theres no other type of instrument in a band that is unique or stick out, then guitar IS important.
    DickInABox
    Musically isnt the only reason why i hate Fall Out Boy, its way they act. The Ramones only played three chords but i have a huge load more respect for them then Fall Out Boy. Everyday i see them in Teen Bop Magazines talking about love live and bull s**t like that, and it just pisses me off. I see Panic at the Disco, My Chemical Romance, Green Day, all these crappy bands doing the same thing too.It degrades them more. And they have other people soloing for them. Whats that all about. You think doing will gain attention but all it will do is degrade you to a lower level. It shows that you cant do anything for yourself. And then having Jay-Z introducing you in the begginig of the album, what s**t is that. They bring famous people from the mainstream so they can get more fame. I notice this in so many bands. There early stuff seems some what decent, but as the years come by, money and fame tempt them and they change the way they play their music and their image completly. The same thing happened to Green Day. Their weak. The emo scene is controlled by the mainstream, and a big part comes from the f**king piece of s**t of MTV. They concentrate more on the video then of the actual song. They make these simple powerchords easy for them and then they can forget the song and thing of their "mindblowing" music videos. It fills their pockets real well. So to all who like them for their music, fine, your choice. But just look at how they represent Rock and Roll. They kill it. P.S: To all Classic Rock ellitist. Yes, i agree, Classic Rock show true talent of Rock and Roll, but dont say that Rock and Roll is dead. Sure these bands are gone, but i promise you the great Classic Rock Bands would all the way want Rock and Roll to live on. Sure the mainstream kills it with FOB and other bands like that, but the Metal Scene saves it all. They show the talent Rock and Roll needs. If you want to hear good bands, turn off your TV.
    mrs. jimmy page
    why does everyone have to get all defensive about an effin cd? some ppl like it some ppl dont! i personally dont like it cuz FOB is trying to be something they rnt. the music is ok but it gets old after listening 2 it after a couple of times. and i think this review is turning into world war 3 so cant we all just frikkin chill out?! ITS A CD FOR GODS SAKE!
    King ofKumbucha
    King_Rew wrote: orion910 wrote: Wow, I really dunno why there is so much hate going on here. I personally think fall out boy is a very talented band, and I LOVE the new cd. I know that they don't have solos, or really hard guitar parts, but seriously, does a bands songs have to be hard to play for it to be good? And not all of the songs use the same chords at different tempos, I think each song has a very unique sound. So for those that haven't heard the CD I wouldn't really be talking. Have a good day! :-D (And for the record, I don't listen to a bunch of "emo" music, I listen to alot of different types of bands from Classic rock, to coldplay and john mayer, so I'm not a little emo teenie bopper kid, Lol.) Well, this is a tab site, so go look up some fall out boy tabs and you can see for yourself how redundent their riffs are. I have this emo girl I know that simply loves fall out boy, and does nothing but play their new album in her car. I noticed on one of the songs, I forget which, the whole chorus melody is stolen from an 80s pop song, but god I can't remember which. If you think every song is very unique you are tone deaf. The fact that they cant play their instruments is just one of the many factors that are taken into consideration when labeling fall out boy as a shitty band. But yes, if you are making a living playing a guitar and you've done it for years and years, and you do it every ****ing day, you should take the time to PRACTICE IT AND ACTUALLY BE GOOD AT IT. There is no such thing as a half-assed surgeon, why are there so many half-assed guitarists? If it is your profession you better be good at it. The problem is that they are not passionate about the instruments they play, nor are they passionate about rock. They want the fame, the glory, the praise, but don't want to do any hard work to get it. They are a pretty boy band, if they were physically ugly no one would know who they are. They record their half-assed riffs, then go off and party all night and day until they are forced to make more music. A real musician never puts down his or her guitar. It would be one thing if they were evolving as artists, I could look past the fact that Take This To Your Grave was the worst instrumental album ever created if their lead guitar ACTUALLY PLAYED LEAD GUITAR. They have 3 ****ing rhythm guitars, all playing the same ****ing thing. You can look at a band like Underoath, who aren't very complex with what they play, but they are very complex with HOW they play it. Music you can actually listen to without lyrics. If it wasnt for patrick stump singing, fall out boy would be nothing. A good band is a band that can be just as popular without a vocal track for high school girls to beat off to. and dont DARE call fall out boy "punk", you ****ing kids dont even know what punk is. Punk died before you were even born. Punk isnt how you dress or being rebelious or singing about killing your girlfriend; punk is bands like NoFX, bad religion, rancid, the ramones, sex pistols, its a genre of music. It's ANTI-ESTABLISHMENT rock, fall out boy has never made an anti-establishment song. Girls arent an establishment you dumb shits. Fall out boy is not, has never been, and will never be a real rock band, just like The All American rejects.
    Talk about hitting the nail on the head.
    vIsIbleNoIsE
    if girls thought they were ugly they would lose a substantial bit of their fanbase emo music is pointless, because if you're famous you don't have a reason to complain about emo things. but i'll admit, i stay away from these FOBs because people call them emo and i'm shallow like that. hooah
    blinkoneeighty2
    DOOdooroCK wrote: chkby4 : RHCP - Stadium Arcadium = 8.9 FOB - Infinity on High = 9.9
    wow.... RHCP-9.9 FOB= -0.4
    guitarzan_16
    Wow i saw the fall out boy icon and click on it to make fun of u fall out boy #####'s all their music is meant to do is make all the 11 year old girls' little tits hard and scream. if u wanna get rich fast and sell out like that that is the wat to go
    randomkiller
    I HATE JAY-Z, IM SO PUNK!!! stfu. and the guy who compared fob and metal is visibly stupid. i dont like fob, but i havent heard the cd yet so im not saying anything. btw the singers voice sounds like my 8 year old cousin. " and dont DARE call fall out boy "punk", you ****ing kids dont even know what punk is. Punk died before you were even born. Punk isnt how you dress or being rebelious or singing about killing your girlfriend; punk is bands like NoFX, bad religion, rancid, the ramones, sex pistols, its a genre of music. It's ANTI-ESTABLISHMENT rock, fall out boy has never made an anti-establishment song. Girls arent an establishment you dumb shits. " totally right. now there are little 13 year old girls running around saying there emo and punk cause they wear makeup and they think theyre so cool. haha. mtv should burn.
    blinkoneeighty2
    _sam_ wrote: Maestro_89 wrote: I was a fan of punk rock until blink 182 "growd up". Now look what punk rock have become. Makes me laugh! blink 182 wasnt ever punk rock
    ya dude they were stfu lisin to thier second album...people like u are going to screw the world over...think they know things and bragg about it just to start urself going....makes me f***ing sick
    randomkiller
    "and dont DARE call fall out boy "punk", you ****ing kids dont even know what punk is. Punk died before you were even born. Punk isnt how you dress or being rebelious or singing about killing your girlfriend; punk is bands like NoFX, bad religion, rancid, the ramones, sex pistols, its a genre of music. It's ANTI-ESTABLISHMENT rock, fall out boy has never made an anti-establishment song. Girls arent an establishment you dumb shits." thank you. haha and nofx is still good but their getting crappier. all this mtv crap is screwing up everyone, making bands like fall out boy labeled as punk or something like that. mtv should die. burn or something. "I have this emo girl I know that simply loves fall out boy, and does nothing but play their new album in her car. I noticed on one of the songs, I forget which, the whole chorus melody is stolen from an 80s pop song, but god I can't remember which. If you think every song is very unique you are tone deaf. " haha same thing here.
    blinnk16
    Whoever wrote "EMO" over a bajillion times ought to get slapped. Not even because I disagree, just because he's a moron. The lyrics for the song "You're crashing, but you're not a wave," are about Saddam Huessein from what I gather. Not such a great album, but good lyrics.
    blinkoneeighty2
    randomkiller wrote: I HATE JAY-Z, IM SO PUNK!!! stfu. and the guy who compared fob and metal is visibly stupid. i dont like fob, but i havent heard the cd yet so im not saying anything. btw the singers voice sounds like my 8 year old cousin. " and dont DARE call fall out boy "punk", you ****ing kids dont even know what punk is. Punk died before you were even born. Punk isnt how you dress or being rebelious or singing about killing your girlfriend; punk is bands like NoFX, bad religion, rancid, the ramones, sex pistols, its a genre of music. It's ANTI-ESTABLISHMENT rock, fall out boy has never made an anti-establishment song. Girls arent an establishment you dumb shits. " totally right. now there are little 13 year old girls running around saying there emo and punk cause they wear makeup and they think theyre so cool. haha. mtv should burn.
    dude i love you....lol....100% right...(even thought punk ended before i was born) i still respect it, and hate all this gay new music basically made for the MTV/FASHION scene...i hate our world today...i wish i lived in the 80's...when people werent gay(figuratively and literaly)
    mrs. jimmy page
    vIsIbleNoIsE said: if girls thought they were ugly they would lose a substantial bit of their fanbase emo music is pointless, because if you're famous you don't have a reason to complain about emo things. but i'll admit, i stay away from these FOBs because people call them emo and i'm shallow like that. hooah ur right about the looks thing, cuz they wouldnt have many fans if they were ugly. emo music is not pointless. there is a meaning to it, and all becuz they r famous doesnt mean that they dont have issuz. after i performed i my skool, i was miserable (and still kinda am) becuz ppl wouldnt leev me alone. but anyway, if u listen to emo music, it has a meaning, u just have to understand it.
    blinnk16
    Dude... the '80s was the gayest of all. MTV in the '80s was the most gayest thing you've ever seen, even worse than today's. Maybe you mean the '60s.