Infinity On High review by Fall Out Boy

• Released: Feb 5, 2007
Fall Out Boy: Infinity On High

The sound of this CD was much like From Under the Cork Tree. Sure it was good, but not new or too diiferent. I think I expected more from the CD, so I was down on it quite a bit. Arms Race and another song on there were supposed to be hip hop tracks, quoted from the artist, but that is not the Fall Out Boy I listen to. It threw off the whole CD. But otherwise, the music behind the words was pretty good.

The meaning of the lyrics seem a little more hidden. Before, the words were easy to decipher, but when I spent time thinking about these lyrics, I stood baffled. The lyrics fit with the music, especially the way Patrick wrote the music to express Peter's feelings. I caught exactly how Pete may have felt. Patrick added too many high-ish notes where they don't belong, the music and the high notes were slightly iffy. Patrick is an amazing singer, but he's seemed to slack off a bit lately.

When I heard this CD was coming out, I was there on the day it came out. This is definatly one of the funnest CDs I own. Althogh Pete's words may be serious, it is still laughable. Golden and Don't you know who I think I am? were the best songs on the CD. I hated the Jay-Z intro to Thriller, but change is supposed to be good, and the boys are getting to meet new people and make new friends. So I'm happy with it either way.

No_Falter08
    scarfacesuit
    Cyclotoolica wrote: Eurgh. Yuck. I can't take a band seriously when the names of the songs are longer than the songs themselves.
    *cough* panic at the disco *cough*
    Baltic Ave.
    Iam not tryin to diss anyone....just my opinion on THIS CD ....i like take this to ur grave and evening out w/ ur girl,....and from under the cork tree is a pretty good cd, but it seems that they just wanted a bigger fanbase so they made their sound a hip hop and R&B inspired sound to get hold of all the hip hop fans.....
    Baltic Ave.
    Yeah seriously, i dont hate FOB (i like take this to your grave),but i think that the facts that Pete Wentz is getting more emo, Patrick Stump gained like 75 pounds, the drummer looks fruitier, and the lead guitarist looks bored, are all the effects of a spontaneously gay/stupid record. No offence the band's old material, but this cd is a piece of crap.....
    runninincircls
    I totally agree with the review, the amount of effort and detail put into this album is amazing, it blows anything from this generation of rock out of the water. This is one of those albums where you constantly find new favorite things about songs and you never get tired of listening to it.
    big_chuck
    DaveGilmour1189 wrote: big_chuck wrote: wow lets all jump on the "Lets Hate FOB" bandwagon. Seriously guys if you don't like em don't read the reviews, and if you came in here just to diss everyone that does like them they you're quite immature. Oh and next time I see a Tool or any metal article I'm gonna go in and be immature and say they suck, and then everyone's metal panties will be in a knot. Wow your an idiot. I'm gonna give you some advise. for all that is good, NEVER use tool as an example of "why metal sucks" They aren't metal. Same with SOAD, or Trivium. If your going to shit on metal, at least make sure the band your ripping on is actually a metal band.
    Wow you're an idiot. I never said Tool was metal. I was just using them as an example because they seem to be a well respected band on UG, and then I dissed metal. Learn how to comprehend sentences and then get back to me.
    Toxic Fader
    OK i want everyone to read this comment some may not agree but just listen look everyone is bitching about how FOB isn't talented and they don't do solos and all that crap but look are any of you guys signed because you can shred, are any of you signed like at all? Look I can shred but I'm not signed so until I get signed I'm gonna limit my solos to really fast riffs that's way it is now a days it's not that they cant play it's just if they start soloing their label might drop em. P.S. dont know who but someone put their lyrics are stupid because they're mysterious and emotional but uhh the last time I checked The Doors,Led Zeppelin,Pink Floyd, and The White Stripes write mysterious lyrics so uhh next time do the research dumb shit! P.S.S. Anyone who wants to challenge what i say bring it on! PEACE!!
    DaveGilmour1189
    big_chuck
    RookieOfTheYear
    No_Falter08 wrote: FOB is a great band...we should entertain their music.If you dont want them,just sit around and shoot your cock down!!!!
    What? absolutely none of what you said makes sense. 'we should entertain their music' wtf?
    Musicislife539
    randomkiller wrote: "and dont DARE call fall out boy "punk", you ****ing kids dont even know what punk is. Punk died before you were even born. Punk isnt how you dress or being rebelious or singing about killing your girlfriend; punk is bands like NoFX, bad religion, rancid, the ramones, sex pistols, its a genre of music. It's ANTI-ESTABLISHMENT rock, fall out boy has never made an anti-establishment song. Girls arent an establishment you dumb shits." thank you. haha and nofx is still good but their getting crappier. all this mtv crap is screwing up everyone, making bands like fall out boy labeled as punk or something like that. mtv should die. burn or something. "I have this emo girl I know that simply loves fall out boy, and does nothing but play their new album in her car. I noticed on one of the songs, I forget which, the whole chorus melody is stolen from an 80s pop song, but god I can't remember which. If you think every song is very unique you are tone deaf. " haha same thing here.
    damn straight man. damn ****ing straight.
    Vin2254
    jeowy wrote: the differences between panic! and fall out boy: a) panic! at the disco dont care so much about their image b) panic! write intelligent lyrics with actual meanings, wheras FOB write ambiguous lyrics to try and seem mysterious and emotional c) panic! dont have pete wentz. pete wentz is enough of a reason to hate a band d) the guitarist in panic! occasionally does things OTHER than power chords and barre chords e) panic! are more experimental and less pop-punky.
    f) panic! got signed before they evn played one show. in fact, i believe it was PETE WENTZ who signed them. Im not supporting fall out boy im just saying they have at least been in the business longer and somewhat earned what they got.
    RookieOfTheYear
    I thought it was OK, but seriously if you listen to pats vocals carefully on 'This aint a scene...' it sounds more like 'This aint a scene, its a godamn ass face'
    monkey_dancer
    This is stupid. An argument where every side is the losing side. I don't like fob, but thats my opinion. Now, why don't we all keep quiet about our opinions, rather than whine on the internet. (yes, I know thats what I'm doing, but I'm allowed, seeing how I'm, you know, me and all... )
    MasterofOrion
    I'm not even a Fan of Pop\punk or emo. As a matter of fact, I despise it. Although, theres something about Fall Out Boy, that sets them aside from all the rest of those Ear sores. FOB has incorperated many styles of music in this ALBUM. Personally, I think its quite clever and it sounds amazing. I know what you guys are thinking, FOB sucks, because they aren't Totally about guitars and soloing and they aren't Metal.. Blah Blah Blah. I just like fall out boy, the idea of it just interests me. When you compare them to "Bands" like FFTL (JESUS CHRIST O.O) or Drop Dead Gorgeous (horrible sound altogether)... FOB PWNS, argue with me all you want, but out of all these pussy emo bands, FOB is my favorite. They sound good, they have musical talent, they're different and they're entertaining =] SO i think everyone needs to Stop the god damn complaining. You either like music, or you dont. People these days are continiously criticizing EVERYTHING, Not only FOB But Everyone. Has anyone else noticed? Its Insane, NO ONE is satisfied anymore, and the constant complaining never ceases. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but guys, Why critisize EVERYTHING? What purpose does it serve? It makes you seem like an ass, thats about it. Show some positive Feedback for once. Everyone is sick of the complaining anyways, why not tell everyone what you like.