Infinity On High review by Fall Out Boy

• Released: Feb 5, 2007
Fall Out Boy: Infinity On High

Okay, every comment I've heard about the sound of this album is that "the guitarists suck and they sound like crap." They don't sound great, no, but the guitars get the job done. Also, I like how the band tries new things with this CD, like strings and horns. Many people dislike new CDs if the band doesn't sound exactly like it did on the last one, but I applaud bands for taking risks and going for something bigger. Besides, the guitars aren't really the focal point of this album.

This is where I think this album has most of it's strength. Pete Wentz writes decent-to-good lyrics and Patrick Stump has become a much better singer. I like some of the background vocals, like those on "Hum Hallelujah" and "Thnks Fr Th Mmrs." Lyrics don't always fit with the music, but when they do, the songs sound great. My favorite example of this is "Thnks Fr Th Mmrs."

Good, not great. I would buy another if I lost it. Key tracks: The Take Over, The Breaks Over; Me + You; Hum Hallelujah; Thnks Fr Th Mmrs; Bang The Doldrums. I like the catchy songs in it, and some of the new experimentation by FOB on Infinity on High. I don't like the awkward songs such as "Golden," which doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the album.

jack12500
    This CD Rules there are a couple of songs that are ok but all the other songs are awsome
    dead arising
    Personally, I don't really like the band. However, I respect their talents. They don't suck, I just don't like their style much.
    SoreonSunday
    Alright here is the bottom line....everyone who hates it completely f*cking jealous, not a musician, or pissed that something so easy and not complex can be succesful (meaning all you metal heads)...people listen to music to make themselves happy and to relate to a mood..if your looking for this and that then your not even listening...I'd rather be a poser than a hater!