Infinity On High review by Fall Out Boy

• Released: Feb 5, 2007
Fall Out Boy: Infinity On High

On this album the band made a great comeback. There last album had a lot of slow songs. Mostly depression. Now they have gotten to use a lot more different intruments. They have gotten make a lot new sounds and noises. The band wanted this CD to be around for about 10 years or so. They did a great job, alternative/rock, emo and punk pop. That is what Fall Out Boy has been for the last couple of years. It is awesome on how they invite artist for differnt bands to help with the cd. Ryan Ross, Chad Gilbert, Butch Walker and Jay-Z all famous and in the album.

Pete wentz can write. Give him a paper and pen and let him go to work. Patrick also can put the words into the song. High pitch or a deep pitch. And the song golden proves that patrick can sing. His singing has improved since there last CD they have made. The guest singer on You're crashin but your no wave did great. The backup singing did a good job. The band knows how to scream and keep it under control.

The band did great the songs on this album are also great. Pete is the leader and he has brought this band along way. His lyrics and bass playing go together perfect. Patrick is really talented, sing and play the guitar is really hard. He's got that "power" to put the lyrics into the music. Andy Hurely nothing to say put he is pro. Keeping the beets and changing them without messing up the song. Joe and his guitar is one of the best things on the CD. In concerts I think he sticks out the most.

frothies
    I have grown tired of the band. Maybe it's because they'd rather get someone else to write some guitar solos when they have a more than capable (I am in hopes that Joe is a more than capable guitarist!) guitarist that ticked me off. I'm not sure why; but as I once was a fan. I could definitely tell the band is slightly taking a different road. Well, actually. My point is they're trying something relatively new to them. So I shall give 'em props to that. Never will I buy this album though.
    frothies
    SoreonSunday wrote: Alright here is the bottom line....everyone who hates it completely f*cking jealous, not a musician, or pissed that something so easy and not complex can be succesful (meaning all you metal heads)
    How nice of you to generalize people who has their own opinion and doesn't like the band or the music. Like, really... [/sarcasm]
    playgibson2010
    I love how someone else thought that "I've Got All This Ringing in My Ears..." sounded like Rocky. I've always thought that...
    playgibson2010
    and really... I couldn't hear a hip-hop sound to "This Ain't a Scene" and I think that if Fall Out Boy hadn't mentioned it, a lot of people wouldn't have noticed it, and therefore would not criticize it.
    blink182plus44
    Whoh I must be screwed up cause I listen to led zep, fall out boy, blink-182, iron maiden, avenged sevenfold, metallica, mcr, pantera, afi, so I guess I'm not normal because I like more than one kind of music. And I don't think you have to be a metal head to like metal, do you?
    eater
    well, I think this album is great. the music is good,and so is the lyrics. The song call "The Take Over,The Break's Over" is one of my favourite song. I like the solo guitar of that song. This album is Great I think....
    gsoldi123
    gsoldi123 wrote: jeowy wrote: oh, the 1 thing you forogt to mention though: the reason fall out boy are so popular has nothing to do with the quality of their music: they garnered their original small fan base buy exploiting the "emo" scene buy trying to seem all "dark" and "mysterious", and they were just lucky enough that the emo scene became HUGE and almost everyone involved in that little group is a sheep and they all copy eachother. look at their new video. they're trying to seem as unusual as possible to make people curious. thats what makes people like them. oh, and 1 more thing: What other band has ever used elements of rock, metal, jazz, soul, punk, piano ballads, funk, and strings and horns on the same album? led zeppelin, primus, the beatles, metallica, muse, and many other bands with more talent in the little finger of the singer than fall out boy have in the whole band. the emo scene became huge??? first learn what emo is and then comment, the emo movement died in the early 90s
    runninincircls wrote: I totally agree with the review, the amount of effort and detail put into this album is amazing, it blows anything from this generation of rock out of the water. This is one of those albums where you constantly find new favorite things about songs and you never get tired of listening to it.
    lol " it blows anything from this generations of rock" listen to the artic monkeys and mew...then post about how bands are the best
    gsoldi123