Infinity On High review by Fall Out Boy

• Released: Feb 5, 2007
Fall Out Boy: Infinity On High

I like that they are an Alternative band, that uses a lot of distortion, harmonics, guitar solos, bass solos, and drum solos. The sound of Infinity On High is a little different from there last few albums. Instead of heavy guitar through all the songs( mostly still is), they have a soft song and a, just plain different, song. I really don't think this dissapointed fans. At least not me, for sure.

First things first. I can stand Chorus (or it's the pre chrus) of "This ain't a scene..." They say That way to many times, and it offended me a little, but just that part, the rest is cool. Check out the videos too. My Favorite has to be Hum Hallelujah and Thriller. The lyrics are really worth listening to. Bang the Doldrums is kinda cool, too. Thriller I'd the best and then "I'm like a lawyer with the way I'm always trying to get you off(me and You)" that's really good.

My overall impression is that this is probably there best album, if not that the second best. I am really suprised they don't have any more hits on there album being played on the radio, than they do. I love alternative music, and they fit the void for that.

nicodimus
    Sorry, but listen to the music, not how the band sells records, or who they may have been influenced by. Nobody's totally original, get over it. This album is brilliantly done. They may not be legends, but they make good music.
    sum1udunno
    i extremely tried to be unbiased with this band. I've listened to a lot of their songs and i even bought from under the cork tree, but all i found were songs that focused on catchy music and basic power chords and octaves. I wouldn't even mind that power chords thing if nearly every mainstream band didnt use power chords so often
    belavista man
    btw, when I wrote my review, Thnks Fr Th Mmrs hadn't been released, so I wasnt technically wrong about it
    BlueTails
    "emo died in the early 90's" ...are you serious? this album is "the essence of music" ...are you serious? "it blows anything from this generation of rock out of the water" ...wow... i've just started getting back into the community postings on U-G.com since about 6 months ago. this is depressing, are you guys really musicians?
    belavista man
    Technically, you can't talk, BlueTails. You posted a comment on the forums stateing that; "I like Nirvana, Smells Like Teen Spirit is one of my favourites" A. Nirvana were rubbish - the only real reason that anyone likes them is because Kurt Cobaine blew his mind out - quite literally. B. "Smells Like Teen Spirit" is so simplistic that Fall Out Boy, for example, could produce something ten times better than it even without any instruments (it'll be 20 times better if they commit suicide afterwords) C. You only bloody posted 6 comments on the forums! Unless you spend all day commenting on the reviews, you must only do 1 comment per month...