Infinity On High review by Fall Out Boy

• Released: Feb 5, 2007
  • Reviewer's score: 6.7 Neat
Fall Out Boy: Infinity On High

This is definently something new from Fall Out Boy. Pete Wentz has changed the way he has written, and the bands overall sound has differed from the underground-punk-rock sound to more of the popular punk rock sound. The songs seem to be focused around the media and it's impression of Fall Out Boy. The sounds of the famous "Thnks Fr Th Mmrs" and "This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race" differ from each other, like so many Fall Out Boy songs seem to, but in a totally different way. Fall Out Boy used to differ their songs the way any punk rock band would, lyrics and key, but now they have the orchestra intro in "Memories" and the more hip-hop sound to "Arms Race". Then there is their opening, "Thriller". Not Micheal Jackson's famous, but a good song that get's little attention from the media. It has all the new sounds of fallout boy packed into one song.

Pete Wentz has changed the way he has written. The lyrics don't seem to have a message hidden behind them, like in "The Pros And Cons Of Breathing", but seem to come almost straight out. The sounds goes great with the lyrics, but that makes it seem to lose some of it's Fall Out Boy-ish sound, the sounds us fans used to love. Patrick Stump has taken out his regualar singing styles and high voice, and have become more of a mids-singer, and has taken on to the more "yelping" style of singing, and his voice has lost it's emo.

This album is a new beginning for Fall Out Boy, but unfortunately and end to something else, something greater. While there is the good, but over-loved song "Thnks Fr Th Mmrs", songs like "Thriller" get almost no attention. I am almost dissapointed with Fall Out Boy for changing their sound so much. If I lost this CD (which wouldn't matter much with it on my iPod), I would probably go get "From Under The Cork Tree". Sorry guys, but I don't like much of your new stuff.

getts182
    [Pete] has the best scream in the history of man kind.
    Four words, two punctuation marks: Eddie Vedder; Dave Grohl. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Fall Out Boy, but that quote is disturbingly erroneous.
    nicodimus
    belavista man wrote: Technically, you can't talk, BlueTails. You posted a comment on the forums stateing that; "I like Nirvana, Smells Like Teen Spirit is one of my favourites" A. Nirvana were rubbish - the only real reason that anyone likes them is because Kurt Cobaine blew his mind out - quite literally. B. "Smells Like Teen Spirit" is so simplistic that Fall Out Boy, for example, could produce something ten times better than it even without any instruments (it'll be 20 times better if they commit suicide afterwords) C. You only bloody posted 6 comments on the forums! Unless you spend all day commenting on the reviews, you must only do 1 comment per month...
    Nirvana was famous before kurt cobain died. the fame was the reason why kurt went into such a downward spiral before he died. Nirvana pawns fallout boy (i do like fob for the record). And since when has simplistic been crap?
    SpiderInMyRoom
    Toxic Fader wrote : OK i want everyone to read this comment some may not agree but just listen look everyone is bitching about how FOB isn't talented and they don't do solos and all that crap but look are any of you guys signed because you can shred, are any of you signed like at all? Look I can shred but I'm not signed so until I get signed I'm gonna limit my solos to really fast riffs that's way it is now a days it's not that they cant play it's just if they start soloing their label might drop em. P.S. dont know who but someone put their lyrics are stupid because they're mysterious and emotional but uhh the last time I checked The Doors,Led Zeppelin,Pink Floyd, and The White Stripes write mysterious lyrics so uhh next time do the research dumb shit! P.S.S. Anyone who wants to challenge what i say bring it on! PEACE!! Someone get this kid some Ritalin..
    irishpyro11
    this album is not punk. if you want to hear real punk listen to rancid or minor threat or the likes. i would call this album pop-rock. and although i think its true that simplistic music doesnt mean bad music, this sh*t is simplistic to the point that id rather listen to green day. vocals are ok i guess but he cant do anything different with his voice like robert plant or tim armstrong
    ripjoestrummer
    I'm tired of hearing all these posers trying to make fall out boy anything other than a stupid idea to make money. I never ever want to hear anyone try and call them punk, rock, alternative, or metal. They are emo, and emo is terrible.
    Metallica Fan08
    HawkaLuigi
    Metallica Fan08 wrote: freesoul89 wrote: why do people hate FOB so much, i dont understand it... so what alot of people like them... and so what they have a lot of commercial success, They even refer to it in there lyrics on this album with lines like "This bandwagon's full, please catch another"... so maybe you should actually listen to the cd and you might find that you actually like some of the songs, even if you want to keep it bottled deep down inside and never tell anyone ever... b/c perphaps you feel ashamed to actually like it... Probably because their genre of music sucks donkey penis. Popular music is stupid because you barely need a brain to come up with most, if not all, of it. I seriously want to punch somebody in the face every time I hear someone say that they like Fall Out Boy or any type of rap or other crap music. Music has been going downhill since the 90's and it's bands like Fall Out Boy that will continue this trend. Someone needs to kill these people and save music.
    Yeah..umm, if you don't want to say anything helpful to the article, then don't say anything at all. Checked.
    Ready2crashNbrn
    The album is way too over produced and theatrical. Pete Wentz's ego is growing faster than Patrick Stump's Gut. Their first couple ablums were OK, this one is terrible.