Infinity On High review by Fall Out Boy

• Released: Feb 5, 2007
Fall Out Boy: Infinity On High

I wasn't really a fan of FOB when I got this album. I liked a couple of their songs but ultimately just thought of them as 'some emo band'. Then I heard 'This Ain't a Scene..' and 'Thnks Fr Th Mmrs' and I started to kind of raise my head and think, hmm they can't be that bad really. I like to think I have an ear for something pretty good. I heard 'The Take Over..' and I didn't really like it for a while, but it grew on me.. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for something different as it has elements of a couple of different genres.

I don't get the lyrics. Simple as. I guess only Pete Wentz really knows what he's talking about, and fair enough. I don't understand some of them either. Even now that I know most of them, for example 'This Ain't A Scene..' I still sing along 'I'm a little man, and I'm also evil, also into cats...' and 'This ain't a scene, it's a golf cart a--e face... ' Patrick Stump really wows me with his vocal range, he makes you want to close your eyes and sway, especially on songs like 'Golden' and 'I'm Like A Lawyer'

This is one of my favourite albums of the moment. My fave songs from it are 'Thnks Fr Th Mmrs', 'Golden' and 'I'm Like A Lawyer'. If this broke, I'd buy it again. Patrick Stump's voice rocks, and it doesn't hurt that he's incredibly cute either. This is one to listen to.

kfong03
    just here to gloat that fall out boy is top of the 07 worst band list here on UG. suck on that noobs..
    MagicFingersJCC
    FOB have absoulutley no musical talent and are probably the worst band ever. (after linkin park) their bass player looks like some guy they got of the street and told to pretend to play bass. i could play better bass with my hands behind my back and using my feet
    justchillin21
    Double post!! We don't hate fall out crap, when we say that they suck its just a nice way of us saying that they shouldn't be playing at all. My 5 year old brother can play guitar better than those bafoons, by 7 he will shread your asses up on guitar fall out kids. As for yours trully, yes I just plain ol' dislike these guys, mainly because how can something so awful be so popular? Im glad that at least I have the freedom of speech and the right to say they suck.
    justchillin21
    Ah crap I must have opened the wrong page, what I meant was "Fall of Troy" not "Fall out CRAP",should have known after like the first few comments. Some retard way up there wrote something about this album being the best of 07, sorry to disapoint you but that's only if you're into gay rock bands. Im typing this in front of my sis who just loves fall out crap but soon she will trade this mess for "The Fall of Troy".
    red mockingbird
    i think fall out boy is one of the worst bands ever. they are absolutely terrible. they are terrible live, their music is garbage, and its all the same. they should pull out of the music business, needless to say what they were doing should not be counted as music.
    A.U.S.T.I.N.
    falloutboy is terrible. they are popular cuz teen girls think thier "soo hot". Saturday Night At The Apollo is a great pop/punk band but if they got famous not many people would like them cause the singers "so not hot" also music is not and should not be treated like a job. FoB thinks it is. they dont want to be good, they wanna be rich. real music is BTBAM who bash the media, spit in DragonForces face and play mindblowing music at the same time. btw, they are not emo, true emo music is good. rock is dead
    MagicFingersJCC
    @ infinityonhigh7 ^ i have a few things to say 1. fall out boy DO suck 2. i don't know how you can say that "emo is the best thing thats ever happend to me" because fall out boy aren't emo they're pop/soft punk 3. if you think fall out boy are the best band in the world right now you've obviously never heard of tool, dream theater, machine head or muse who are all at the very least 100x better than fall out boy. 4. Finally if you think that UG are a bunch of metal heads then leave. if you can't handle the ultimate guitar go and find some pussy guitar archive where you and all the other pussys that like fallout boy can hang out and listen to their shit music to your hearts content.
    HexaDakota
    Another perfect example of a band that is hated, not because of their music, but because of who their fans are.
    infinityonhigh7
    tavini13
    FOB isnt emo. You know it isnt when you listen to actual emo bands. FOB is like a type of Power Pop or Power Punk (theyre not punk, though) with a little alternative-ness to it. I thionk theyve got a catchy, original sound. Hey is it just me or The take over, the breaks over sounds like the 90s? Patricks voice is very unique too.
    89cruefan
    have to agree with some people and say fob are catchy. but having listened to the album all they have is catchy songs! dont really like them, and they along with all other bands doing the 'scene' thing will soon know when the scene changes. good luck to them is all i can say
    mchugh92
    Necropolis wrote: jeowy wrote: if you are on this website, you shouldnt like fall out boy. this website is for people who judge music on intelligent instrumentalism and guitar talent. the only fair reason for liking fall out boy is if you enjoy catchy music, etc. and if you're one of those people, then why are you on this website? i honestly agree with you in all means this is a site dedicated to guitars and guitar players who want to learn new music and challenge themselves.
    i completely agree with you both, i read an interview in total guitar magazine the other day about how joe trohman got into guitar from listening to pantera and metallica, i mean compare both of those bands with fob, maybe he plays basic power-chords and octave chords cos he sucks at everythin else lol
    Necropolis
    mchugh92
    infinityonhigh7 wrote: alright.i'm pretty damn sick of everyones f---ing critical $#!+.if you dont like fall out boy,then dont post a damn comment.when you insult fall out boy on a fall out boy review,nobody cares what you have to say if its disrespectful.what you say isnt going to change someone who loves actual MUSIC.fall out boy's lyrics and sound are so unique.way more than any of that butt rockin' death metal that have you faggots are into.just go shoot some more heroine and f*** yourself cuz no one gives a $#!+ what you have to say.and pete wentz could kick your ass if he wanted to,even if he is emo.emo is the best thing thats ever happend to me so shut your mouth about stuff you don't even know what you're talking about.go listen to some more slipknot and slayer.because EVERYONE knows they really are musicians.ohhhh $#!+..thats right...THEY AREN'T!oh and that they weren't rated high on the UG band list is cuz all the UG critics are a bunch of f***ing METALHEADS!metalheads dont enjoy music!fall out boy is the best band right now,andyone that disagrees ill kick their @$$ for free..
    its funny how you say "nobody cares what you have to say if you dont like fob" and yet you and loads more fob fans reply and contradict yourselves, cos obviously you do care, otherwise you wouldnt have posted on here in the first place, and i dunno, but you seem to be tone deaf, cos in case you havent noticed, fob are def NOT the most unique band there is, theyre just like any other pop-rock band the labels sign to make money off, and it is your opinion that they are the best band in the world, its not a fact, and also the reason we come on here to criticize fob is cos THAT IS WHAT THIS REVIEW IS FOR!!!!! every band gets criticized its a fact of life, if you cant deal with it then its your problem
    mchugh92
    the people who say "aw if u dont like fob dont comment blah blah" just dont get it, music used to be about the passion and gettin a message across to a young generation, and im not just talkin about rock and roll, im talkin about ALL music, but then MTV came and ruined everything, it became all about the image and not the talent behind the music, im not denyin that fob write catchy songs, but its only for money and fame, music is supposed to be self-expression, though makin a bit of money while expressin yourself isnt wrong, fob dont express themselves, learnin how to do basic chords on a guitar is NOT passion, its laziness, its not hard to write a catchy song, any1 with a sense of melody can write pop songs, and any1 with knowledge of powerchords can write a pop-punk song, its harder to write a song that expresses your feelings no matter what they are, love songs are usually brought down cos most pop songs are in fact love songs, but it is possible to write a love song that actually expresses what youre feeling, people go to metal music, cos its the most original music comin out these days, all these three-chord trick bands are gettin to us metalheads, but i personally dont listen to JUST metal, i also like blues, jazz, experimental, phsycadelic rock, folk, i listen to the best of everything, the problem is i cant find anything good in fobs music, and i am aware that its a matter of opinion of whether they are good or not, and my opinion is theyre crap, any1 who has a problem with that can either put up or shut up!!!!!
    nfldguitarist
    how the hell did this get a better rating than christ illusion or stadium arcadium? so being able to super over-produce and make boring music is better than making complex songs that grab you by the balls,mine is gonna be the first bad rating for this album,guarentee.