Live In Phoenix review by Fall Out Boy

• Released: Apr 1, 2008
Fall Out Boy: Live In Phoenix

Fall Out Boy is really exceptional when it comes to rock. Some people who don't really listen to them or aren't fimiliar with their style of music are generally cautious about them. They aren't afraid to speak their mind and aren't afraid to do things differently. Live In Phoenix is a really amazing CD allowing us to hear them playing their music the way they want to without any boundaries. Patrick Stump has amazing vocals for someone who hasn't taken lessons and unlike some bands he doesn't need a huge sound board to alter his voice to make it sound good. Pete, Joe, Patrick, and Andy all show their true colors in this CD.

Pete Wentz has a knack for putting words on paper. Allusions and metaphorical phrases are common in his lyrics. He adds a new demension to the rock genre, and is really insightful to the things going on in the real world around us. From Take This To Your Grave to Infinity On High, the songs that they love to play is on this CD/DVD and the lyrics are 100% amazing all the way through. It takes a real talent and passion for music to be able to write songs like Pete does. And making Patrick the lead singer was a wise choice. You can't get any better than that.

Fall Out Boy is an amazing band with really talented people playing intricate music that is important to them. Their songs are really beyond the standard rule. My favorites are: Calm Before The Storm (it has amazing guitar music, and the vocals and lyrics are really symbolic), Dance, Dance (it is a fun song to dance to believe it or not and the lyrics are something that some bands would be wary about writing) and I've Got A Dark Alley And An Idea That Says You Should Shut Your Mouth (it is an acoustic song overlaid with distortion and the lyrics really mean something to me; trying to overcome obstacles to achieve your dreams and knowing it's not easy), Golden (this is a complete stretch from the guitars, settling with piano and vocals. Patrick stump does an amazing job of this song on the live CD), Don't You Know Who I Think I am? (this song is about not giving up on relationships and life, that there is always something) and Thriller (talks about how successful they are even though they were told they wouldn't make it and the harmony of the guitars. Patrick again does an amazing job with this song on the live cd. Joe definetly shows his colors during the live performance in phoenix, changing up the rhythm and adding new solos). I didn't really hate anything about this album other than they didn't include all the songs from the concert. I love everything else though, they really went above and beyond. Two Thumbs Up! I would not lose this CD/DVD but if it were stolen I would have to buy it again. It's not something I could just say oh well it was stolen. If Fall Out Boy is planning on making a new album soon, they seriously need to follow their hearts and never listen to all the haters. And hopefully it will come out soon!

jammyninja
    I have to say, the quality of their performance was kind of a let down. I won't hold it against them though because I have seen them two times where the improvement has been so radical that it was like listening to a different band.