Live In Phoenix review by Fall Out Boy

• Released: Apr 1, 2008
Fall Out Boy: Live In Phoenix

If you have been or seen a live performance, you know what to expect. This album though, does have some improvement. It seems that they have concentrated more on adding grace notes and new solos to their music. Though, the singing and playing could use some more practice and improvement, they did an okay job. The sound also was very varied from song to song. It seemed as though there was some tweaking going on during the actual performance. It would have been a better performance if the lead singer would learn to project instead of shout-sing into the microphone, it would make his voice sound way better.

The lyrics were the same as in previous albums, except for a couple variations. During the concert Fall Out Boy covered Akon's "Don't Matter," Micheal Jackson's "Beat It," Panic at the Disco's "I Write Sins Not Tragedies," and "One and Only." There is also a variation of Fall Out Boy's "Dance, Dance" at the end credits. This variation makes "Dance, Dance" a slow song. As I have stated before, the lead singer needs to work on his live performance. For some reason, it seemed as though he sang the covers of the songs listed above, rather well.

I really loved this CD/DVD for two reasons. The performance was eye-catching and enjoying to watch, and the extras included snippets of the band that let you into their lives a bit. I would suggest getting it if you're a Fall Out Boy fan, but if you're not, there's nothing really special about it. I probably wouldn't buy it again if it got lost or stolen.

sprkidjar
    bigz6006 wrote: There is no lead guitarist, both of them play the same damn thing. And it sucked, if you're gonna cover a song with a solo, at least DO to the solo.
    why?
    sprkidjar
    buttons-69 wrote: to all the haters or people who are just plain ****ed. 1. the solo for beat it - clearly they used John mayer as a guest... what's so weird about that? 2. the reason you post here to hate FOB is because YOUR lives are so shitty that you get pleasure from TRYING to bring other people down that are making it way more than you. 3. whrere's you million records sold? hmm? show me? i'd like to see it? 4. grow some balls. 5. if people go to a concert to just hear the music, why go? why not stay hom and listen to a perfectly recorded CD? Concerts are about the atmosphere and performance, not just hitting ever note. 6. and finally. music changes, it always will, if a band didnt change and they had the same sound on every record, wats the point of even continuing? Take this to your grave was to put them out there, now they're up to infinity on High and they can play what they want and try out the different genres. oh and Beat it is an amazing cover, go cut ur wrists deeper emos, please, kill yourself. if u all do, their wont be any left and we wont have to look at u anymore =D
    guitaringnathan
    decaydance_rokk wrote: One more thing... Please please clean the ****ing ear wax out of your ears. Patrick Stump will always be one of the greatest vocalist in the world and will always be better than 95% of the population. No he does not sound horrible live. sometimes he may have a bad time but everyone does. but if you weren't so biased you would know that he works hard to achieve his goals. sigh you guys are pathetic.
    really.....really.....really...95% thats a big claim. now i know we are going to call me close minded and a idiotic metalhead, but i honestly dislike this band. they arent good live, i saw em on the new years eve thing and if you arent gonna give a show your all then , you probably wont at a regular concert. and i didnt dig the cover of beat it did kinda suck. and lastly, metalheads have opinions too. if we say we dislike a band lets say....coldplay. i dislike them, but if i say that people call me ignorant then say something like your opinion is not fact and how im closeminded. then they say their opinion like it is fact then they say how "open minded" they are. ya'll need to work on that. but please ignore me, im nothing but a "close minded metalhead"
    iH8CarAccidents
    Oh, and one more thing. If you want a real good cover of a Michael Jackson song, listen to Alien Ant Farm's "Smooth Criminal." I liked the heavier distortion on FOB's "Beat It", but the solo just doesn't compare to Eddie Van Halen's.
    J-rich777
    a12chapman12 wrote: you all suck tey make better music than youll ever will
    THEY FUCKING SUCK BIG 8====D They're stupid fat faggots take this to your grave was the only okay cd they had.