My Heart Will Always Be The B-Side To My Tongue review by Fall Out Boy

• Released: May 18, 2004
Fall Out Boy: My Heart Will Always Be The B-Side To My Tongue

After wooing me to become a fan, Fall Out Boy seemed to keep campaigning for me. Before their breakthrough record "From Under The Cork Tree" was released, they released an Acoustic EP, "My Heart Will Always Be The B-side To My Tongue", in 2004. As expected, the EP is a five-track CD consisting of (you guessed it) all acoustic tracks. While this leads to a low variety in playing styles, the songs give off very different vibes, which keeps the album fresh as you go through tracks. From the upbeat "Nobody Puts Baby in the Corner", which was to debut on "From Under The Cork Tree" a year later, to the somber "Love Will Tear Us Apart", a Joy Division cover, listeners will have many strings of their emotions pulled as the listen.

Patrick brings the singing voice and style popularized by "From Under The Cork Tree" to this EP, which not only gave listeners a peek on the new style, but also allows new fans to appreciate the album just as much. Lyrically, Pete continued with a nice flow of catchy choruses, large variations in vocal range, and some good themes for all the songs. Overall, the music just "works". It's sweet, it's sad, it's happy, and it's rocking, all at the same time.

Compared to other Fall Out Boy albums, this fits in perfectly. The same witty lyrics, cool riffs, and overall catchy songs are present, but as expected, the EP is short, which actually caused me to want more. If you can look past the length, any fan of Fall Out Boy, and even those who have never heard of them, will appreciate this album.

Slayer 101
    chikenpoop666
    solid37
    o of course lets be like everyone else and listen to the mainstreem bands that scream words no one understands and wow zeppelin doesnt fit in with those other bands at all, if your going to listen to metal at least have good taste like Avenged Sevenfold or Bullet for my valentine, emo ha did you know fall out boy isnt even close to emo, do you even know what that stands for dont be mad because a band you dont like because you have some wierd feddish with to much screaming and horrible singing is the most famous band out right now, and dont get me wrong i like some of the bands youve named but come on how bout you listen to some new music
    Rishwag12
    Slayer 101 wrote: look at me i like fall out boy. i wear make up and take it in the ass. FUCK EMO SHIT
    Look at me, I'm a metalhead douchebag who has nothing better to do then look up bands I don't like, hate on them, and play with my dick way to much.
    chikenpoop666 wrote: stop breast feeding and grow up you dumb emos im 12 and i've got better taste in music then you go listen to some slayer, pantera, death, cannibal corpse, zeppelin or anything else that has some musical talent
    Do you realize what musical taste IS? Having a muscial taste means liking music THAT YOU ENJOY, NOT MUSIC THAT IS COOL. Let me tell you something. YOU AREN'T COOL FOR LISTENING TO HEAVY METAL. NOBODY CARES THAT YOU LISTEN TO HEAVY METAL. FOB fans aren't dorks for listening to music that they like. So, chikenpoop666 (real mature username by the way, notice the misspelling of chicken) grow up and keep and open mind, to all musical tastes. Minds are like Parachutes: They only Function WHEN OPEN And dude, listen to people with musical talent? You're twelve. If you can sing like Patrick Stump, how come nobody's heard of you? If you can play guitar or write lyrics as good as Joe Trohman and Pete Wentz, why aren't you on the cover of Rolling Stone? Sorry to rant, but you really piss me off.