Save Rock and Roll review by Fall Out Boy

• Released: Apr 12, 2013
Fall Out Boy: Save Rock and Roll

When they first relesed the single for "My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em' Up)" I was a little afraid of what the album was going to turn out like. Personally, I didn't enjoy that song, but I knew that they would pull through and be like the old Fall Out Boy. I will always appreciated their musical talents, and Patrick Stump's amazing vocal range. This album was more pop as well, and featured four different artists, three being R&B/Rap artists. Since the album is called "Save Rock And Roll", if it was going to feature anyone, I expected it to be Rock and Roll artists. Elton John was featured in the song called "Save Rock And Roll", and it's an amazing song!

The lyrics to all of the songs are so catchy! Patrick's range is amazing, and he can hit all sorts of notes! There are a couple pretty cool bass lines as well. I really enjoy the song "Just One Yesterday", I think the instrumentals are fantastic and well as the lyrics. The song really has a lot of emotions in it. I do wish they had some breakdowns in songs, and more highlights of the instruments. In the song "Save Rock And Roll" the lyrics are really inspiring to go out there and save rock and roll. Rap and pop are taking over the classic genre of Rock.

My favorite Fall Out Boy album would have to be "Infinity On High", but all of the albums are their own style. The most impressive songs on the album would definitely be "The Phoenix", "Alone Together", "Just One Yesterday", and "Young Volcanoes". Those songs stand out the most to me for some reason, I really enjoy those a lot. I love that this album has a really nice flow as you're listening to it from beginning to end, but I don't like that it has so many songs featuring other artists. I know that some artists do that to gain popularity or to help the songs, but honestly, anything Fall Out Boy does, the fans are going to love it no matter what! I really don't think that they needed four songs with features. If this album was stolen or lost, I think I would get something else, or just burn it onto a disc because I have downloaded it onto my computer. But if my computer got stolen as well... Then yes. I would go buy it! I bought this album the day it was realeased, so I was pretty excited to see what FOB had to offer!

travislausch
    I'm a prog fan. I generally listen to music most of society would consider too "complex" or "weird". I heard a few tracks from this record, and although I wasn't amazed by the depth or soul exposed on it, I never got this burning hatred the rest of you seem to have for it. Instrumentally, the album isn't THAT bad. Vocally, Stump is a decent singer. The lyrics... I can't relate, but it's better than a lot of metal lyrics and rap lyrics, so I'll give it that. It's an average album. Nothing more, nothing less. Not an entirely unenjoyable experience, though. There are some good moments here and there. I just don't feel the need to bash the record so violently. And the falsetto vocals in "Light Em Up" crack me up. Such a cheesy thing to put on the radio nowadays.
    Ookarus
    Oh stop bashing it. Save Rock and Roll is an excellent album. They sure saved rock and roll!