Take This To Your Grave review by Fall Out Boy

• Released: May 6, 2003
Fall Out Boy: Take This To Your Grave

The sound of this isn't your typical pop-punk. It's got great guitar riffs that go right along with the rhythm power chords. The first song on the album, "Tell That Mick He Just Made My List Of Things To Do Today", is just awesome. The small little riffs are really what make these guys stand out from other bands. Their melodies in the songs are great as well. The singer can sing. He isn't whiny, and he can hit notes that are just crazy for a singer in this genre (Ex. "Saturday" at the end of the song).

The lyrics are catchy, creative, and very witty. I love them. They have some that anyone can relate to. My overall impression of the lyrics, is that they are great. They aren't so deep that you'll need a dictionary to figure out what words mean, and they aren't cheesy either. The lyrics just mesh so well with the music, that neither one of them dominates the cd. Like I stated before, the singer can sing fairly well, which is why I like these guys.

This is in the pop-punk genre, but it sounds slightly different. The melodies are great, lyrics are well done, the music is perfect. The best songs on the album are: 1) Tell That Mick He Just Made My List Of Things To Do Today 3) Grand Theft Autumn (Where is your boy?) 7) Chicago Is So Two Years Ago 8) The Pros And Cons Of Breathing 12) The Patron Saint Of Liars And Fakes I actually had this cd burned from a friend first. Then it got scratched, so I went out and bought a copy. It's that good. I have seen these guys live and they put on a great show. One of the better bands that I have. I can say that this is one of the best cds that I own. Go and pick it up.