Take This To Your Grave review by Fall Out Boy

• Released: May 6, 2003
Fall Out Boy: Take This To Your Grave

I'm not gonna lie, I only started listening to these guys after From Under The Cork Tree was released. However, this album kicks the newer one to the ground and beats with a suck stick (comparatively speaking). I don't think I have ever heard a better album in my life. The catchy enhanced four-chord melodies are impossible to beat, and surprisingly, Joe Trohman and Pat Stump are quite the guitar players. Pete is nothing special on bass, bu he's as capable as anyone on this album, and Andy is just pro; 'nuff said.

Pete Wentz's lyrics are interesting; they cover a series of topics, although most deal with love obviously. They range from the lightest happiness to the darkest possible emotions understandable by the human mind. A line like "Know that I could crush you with my voice" has deep-rooted meaning to it that probably only Pete really knows the meaning of. His style is quite cryptic, and it really makes you think.

If this CD was re-released and advertised to the mainstream, I think it would easily go quadruple platinum. It is he only album I have have ever heard in my life in which I really like every single song off the album. The hooks are ridiculously infectious. Every song off the album is awe-inspiring and I can't pick just one. If this CD were ever stolen, I would wonder how I got the CD because I remember downloading it. Still, it is so good I would go and buy the CD in case my computer was ever destroyed. This album is a classic.

Pickleboy03
    Well, I guess that's cool because Fall Out Boy is not punk rock, nor are they trying to be. So wow, way to look like a complete dumbass there Chosenfro68. Oh yea, that video is actually amazing so why don't you go play in traffic.
    vanceboy
    Chosenfro68 wrote: Everybody.. Fallout Boy made a video of them being Vampire Hunters... Yes... VAMPIRE HUNTERS I'm sorry but that is the gayest idea for a video to date... FalloutBoy sux, and WILL NEVER BE PUNK ROCK
    amen...worst video ever. Yeah, they convey real deep messages...such as hunting vampires. Wow...deep. Reminded me why MTV sucked. Emo is going downhill folks, time to move on.
    Xx-scarlett-xX
    yeah 'mattyblinkfall' is right, no band can please the entire world, in my opinion they rock, but you hate it ..big deal.. can i ask a question though? why click an article that is about f.o.b just to take the P**s? surely if you hated them, you would avoid them? rock on fall out boy, doin a great job