Take This To Your Grave review by Fall Out Boy

• Released: May 6, 2003
Fall Out Boy: Take This To Your Grave

I found out about these kids through Sugar We're Goin' Down. But I bought this record first, all because of the demos in stores. Yes, this may have been stupid of me, but I'm glad I did this, otherwise I wouldn't have liked Fall Out Boy so much. This CD was catchy and that proves the shows back then sold out for a reason. When I listen to this CD I never want to skip a track. And that's what Fall Out Boy wanted to acheive. But on the other hand Fall Out Boy turned out to be classified as Punk. Which this CD clearly was not. This is a great CD, but for the hardcore rockers, definantly not the CD to buy.

The lyrics were mostly all about the same things. Breakups, obsessions over girls, don't these boys have anything more interesting happening in their lives? It doesn't seem so. Although when I heard Grenade Jumper, it really touched my heart. Partially because my name is Chris. But to dedicate a whole song to a person, that takes a lot of heart. The darker lyrics mixed with the upbeat music was great, to hide the real emotions. I can understand why Peter would write so many songs about the same things writing does sometimes make people feel better about what they've done. Patrick's voice was amazing. The notes he hit were perfect, especially in Grenade Jumper.

This was definatly the best CD I own. It's what I listen to when I'm down. Peter's words always make me feel better. The CD cover wasn't so great, Patrick can't be the only one smiling. But the blue cover didn't want to make me buy it. All of their faces were blue. I liked the layout of the CD, but the tracks could've been in a better order. Overall, the CD was definatly worth the money.

justchillin21
    Ah my good ol friend above me paid a visit here too. Lets crap all over these fools. To all u retards who think they have good lyrics, well obviously u haven't heard some of deftones, mars volta, glassjaw, or every time I die. Cause FOB's lyrics suck, they sound like the chicken scratch from a 3 year old. And their guitars rock?? Who would say that? I can shread my guitar with my toes, drunk, blindfolded, upside down, all while singing the itsy bitsy spider on a runaway train. Man this crap sucks, well don't thank me and my friend above me just yet, wait until all u little retards start listening to some real music. Word to yo momma.
    bry0n
    YES! Man, you totally got the point to this album. In Grand theft autumn, when he confuses you, he is talking about "Screw it, i'm gonna go call her, don't give a sh** about her boyfriend". But other than that, you really got the point to their songs, especially the great(est of all time) album ender, "The Patron Saints of Liars and Fakes". THANK YOU!
    kevlarmusicmojo
    some comments... when people say the lyrics are hard to understand, i think that's only in the new stuff. i can get most of the words fine in this album. also, people say pete is overrated as a bassist and that's pretty much true, but they forget he writes a lot of the lyrics that are pretty much amazing so...