The Drug In Me Is You review by Falling In Reverse

• Released: Jul 26, 2011
Falling In Reverse: The Drug In Me Is You

So the overall sound of this album is amazing. Some really catchy bass lines and melodies. The only thing that truly bothered me on this album was the sound of the snare. It is REALLY annoying. It sounds so electronic, and it really begins to become irritating after a few tracks. The solo's are clean, and pretty well played. And of course, what everyone is dying to hear... Ronnie Radke... And I have to say, he sounds better than ever on this album. He does slow down his growls on "Don't Mess With Ouija Boards" so that they sound deeper, but if anything, it sounds pretty cool. The overall sound was pretty good, and I recommend the tracks "Pick Up The Phone", "Caught Like A Fly", "The Westerner", "Tragic Magic", and "Good Girls Bad Guys".

The lyrics are straight from the heart and I can assure you of this... Almost every song is a BIG f-you to Escape The Fate. Ronnie had a few years to let all of his anger and aggression boil. Take this lyric from "The Westerner": "I tell the truth. I've been beaten I've been bruised I was left for dead as well, I was wrongfully accused you left me locked inside a cell." And this one from "Tragic Magic", "I dug a hole 10 miles wide So I could throw all of you inside You're such a dumb f--k You need to shut up You bring a picture of me everytime you get a haircut Imposter!" The lyrics are amazing. Ronnie's voice is great, and everything flows so well. The lyrics are definitely one of the best things about this album.

I feel I should compare this to Escape The Fate. In fact, it only seems fitting that I do. And I will, because that's really the only other band Falling In Reverse SHOULD be compared to. And I have to say, this album is better than anything Escape The Fate has ever created, even their first with Ronnie, and that album is a classic. I love almost everything about this album: the breakdowns, the solos, the singing, the lyrics, the tone. But the sound of the snare is the only thing I hate about this album. I recommend that you pick up this CD, because if I lost my copy, I'd sure as hell buy a new one. This is for fans of old Escape The Fate, Black Tide, and Avenged Sevenfold.

metalmaniac90
    Falling in Reverse is better than Escape the Fate... Even when Ronnie was in it. The instrumentals are better, there are great lyrical moments... "Your secrets keep you sick your lies keep you alive, snake eyes every single time you roll the crooked dice..." Love the album.
    Drbetrayal
    bodom alexi wrote: ****ing hate the record it sucks i hate ronnie craig is so much better
    Coming from someone who knows good vocalists "bodom alexi" No hate on Alexi Laiho of course, brilliant guitarist
    Caboose911
    It's a great record. Not too metalcore like some other shit now-a-days. Very well played out, my only complaint, some of the songs are a little... either just plain weird or they weird you out through the song. Like the vampire one? Wtf was that lol Favorite tracks, The Drug in Me is You, Raised by the Wolves, Pick Up the Phone, and Sink or Swim. Great record.
    cshanna7721
    jackdude500
    its an ok album i personally think its a bit overrated, i dont think any album by falling in reverse or new escape the fate will be as good as dying is your latest fashion i think falling in reverse have a lot of potential as most the members seem to be very skilled with their instruments but i dont believe this album was put together very well
    hereticfive
    cshanna7721 wrote: this band is going to be good, you can already say that much. butttt this album is not ronnies best lyrically, although vocally he has never been better, i think the lead guitarist is awesome. he just needs to widen his tools a bit. i dont know if its just me, but all the solos are built pretty much the same. and he should mix in different techniques on the next album.
    Agreed. Ronnie is clearly still living in the past. Guitarists here have alot more they could do
    zlaxguitar
    Ronnie make this album great My favs : The drug in me is you, Goodbye Graceful, Good Girl Bad Guys, to those who ued to like pop punk and core.
    theblackwell
    I thought it was a good album. It's not Grammy material or anything like that but I enjoyed it. I laughed at a lot of the lyrics.
    tancanada
    Such horse shit. Ronnie needs to get his head out of his ass and realize that it's 20effing11.
    BledGhostWhite
    This record was horrid. Ronnie's so caught up in himself, it makes the lyrics near unbearable. He really let down fans on this one. Craig ftw.
    simpleben09
    cshanna7721 wrote: he just needs to widen his tools a bit.
    Exactly. Like, "The Drug in me is you" solo, he just sweeps his way through the whole thing. He's definitely capable of better, so it just seems weird that he limited himself like that. Overall, I really enjoyed the record, aside from a couple songs like Pick up the Phone and Caught like a fly. And at parts, ronnie seems to be a bit too much of an egotistical dick, like the part in one song (maybe THe Westerner) where he talks about he's the greatest singer/lyricist in the music industry
    Yamichi
    In my oppinion, Ronnie Radke has some of the worst lyrics I have ever heard. Although he may have some interesting metaphors, he still focuses more on ripping on his former bandmembers than writing meaningful lyrics. And the lyrics that are not about ETF in general make no sence at all exept that he likes chicks. Also, the lyrics like ''It was always me'' give an impression of him being a selfcentered a**hole. Though, I've never met the guy, so I can't confirm this. On the other hand, he is a very talented singer, and I personally love the way he sings. The way it sounds like his voice is about to burst is just beautiful! The music is creative and cool, and I think they did a good job on this first album. I hope to see more in the future, hopefully with a little less ''I hate ETF in it''. By the way, none cares if Falling in Reverse is better that Escape the Fate or the other way around. Listen and shut up.
    BrianG47
    I think it's alright, but the whole fans freaking out about if Ronnie or Craig is better and saying Escape the Fate sucks or this band sucks everywhere I see something about this band, it's annoying and it makes me not want to listen to it at all.
    Kilimacory
    Honestly, I'll give this album a listen, but I still like ETF better. Yet ETF's music was much beter with ronnie as the front man. They're newest (self titled) album absolutely blows. This war is ours is good though. idk what the hells up.
    Jon777
    I've never been a fan of Escape the Fate, but wasn't this guy in prison or something? That's pretty much all I know about him.
    zlaxguitar
    Agreed. Ronnie is clearly still living in the past.
    Loki_37
    I'm quite frankly in shock people can go on and on about how people like Fred Durst, Serj Tankian, and Metallica are such egotistical toolbags then listen to this . Don't get me wrong, Ronnie has some talent vocally, but it's not about his lyrics, or about the image he displays, (Like the aforementioned accused toolbags) it's the shit he says then expects everyone to take so seriously. Get over yourself and try to learn a little bit more about what life is like. Anyways, I haven't heard it yet, but I'll get there. It's probably decent 05-06ish music.
    tonlon0017
    Good news: this website (===== http://www.yessoso.com/ =====) we has been updated and add products and many things they abandoned their increases are welcome to visit our website. Accept cash or credit card payments, free transport. You can try oh.
    Pad Mast3rs
    i love escape the fate and falling in reverse but i hate people comparing them it has no sense at all and good tracks on this album are raised by wolves , the drug in me is you, caught like a fly and the westerner the other ones are okay though.and goodbye gracefull is awesome
    MeTallIcA313
    I was waiting for this album for some time now and I wasn't very impressed. It has a few good songs but some songs were just god awful when it comes to lyrics.
    hereticfive
    zlaxguitar wrote: When you just left prison, when those who used to be your friends delivered you, dont expect the very next album to be about cheer and bunnies, i think he is a little inmature but i understand him
    Its not their fault he got sent to prison. they kicked him out and 2 months later he skipped on parole. that was his decision. He keeps blaming it on ETF. I know he's mad and all, but now that i think about it, i shouldve seen it coming. And the fact that hes saying on twitter that hes happy people are buying his album and not stealing it is ironic, since he stole peoples computers and made fans pay him for pics and autographs.
    catastrofx617
    The picture and title made me think that this might have been a new Courtney Love memoir. I was sadly disappointed.
    leslie716
    i have to say this album sounds pretty awesome. Sure there is alot of f**k yous to escape the fate and the past but we had to expect that. He has been in jail and s**t on by his past band, and he said hes created tons of songs while in prison. So we could have expected lyrics to be like this. Im sure hes not going to be as stuck in the past now, but this album was clearly a venting situation, and well everyone has to vent some how. must say though, that the band definatly has potential to make great music. my favs: im not a vampire, the westerner, sink and swim, and raised by wolves.