The Drug In Me Is You review by Falling In Reverse

• Released: Jul 26, 2011
Falling In Reverse: The Drug In Me Is You

This album has a variety of sounds. "The Drug In Me Is You", "Good Girls, Bad Guys", and "Pick Up The Phone", serve as hard rock/pop fusions that turn out tasty. Song like "Raised By Wolves", has a hard rock, with metal breakdown feel. "Caught Like A Fly", brings about a carnival hard rock feel, and the musical direction of that song reminds me of Avenged Sevenfold's "A Little Piece Of Heaven". Al though the songs are completely different, they are also reminiscent of each other. Songs like "Sink Or Swim", and "Goodbye Graceful" have a very metal sound. Their guitarist "Jacky" showcases A LOT of shred on this album. There are a few instances where slows down. Lots of sweeps, and lots of speed picking. Very talented guitarist.

Honestly in a few of the songs the lyrics are very simple... However; as one would expect from Ronnie there are a lot of good catch phrases. For example and excerpt from "The Drug In Me Is You", "Your secrets keep you sick your lies keep you alive, snake eyes every single time your roll the crooked dice..." Many may find the lyrics of this CD aimed toward one direction with the exception of "Good Girls, Bad Guys", and "Pick Up The Phone". One must keep in mind however he has been in jail for 3-4 years... So it does make sense. His voice has gotten technically better. I've never really found his voice to be anything special when he's singing clean... Its always been the lyrics that really caught my attention.

In some places this album goes musically in some of the same places Escape the Fate would have gone on "Dying Is Your Latest Fashion", and "This War Is Ours..." Often times it does so in a way that is more pleasing to the ears. The top 3 on this album in my opinion are, "Good Girls, Bad Guys", "Pick Up The Phone", and "Caught Like A Fly". I find the musical diversity of this album to be great, and as usual I like Ronnie's lyrics... It differentiates a lot from music typically released in this genre today. I really dislike the song "I'm Not A Vampire..." The vocal tone he takes with the instrumental, it just doesn't meld very well. Otherwise I thought this was a very solid album.

peachesenregali
    I've never heard of them. Having read the reviews I don't believe I want to hear them. The only reason I'm writing this comment is because: "I dug a hole 10 miles wide So I could throw all of you inside You're such a dumb f--k You need to shut up You bring a picture of me everytime you get a haircut Imposter!" Wow. Did a scurrilous 10 yr old write these lyrics?
    simpleben09
    hereticfive wrote: Its not their fault he got sent to prison. they kicked him out and 2 months later he skipped on parole. that was his decision. He keeps blaming it on ETF. I know he's mad and all, but now that i think about it, i shouldve seen it coming. And the fact that hes saying on twitter that hes happy people are buying his album and not stealing it is ironic, since he stole peoples computers and made fans pay him for pics and autographs.
    So much fail.... Ronnie was an extreme drug addict back then. When someone is addicted, it completely changes who they are, and can turn them in to a bad person. Also, there's plenty of reason as to why ronnie blames ETF for all of his bullshit. the reason ronnie first got put on probation was because he was defending max and when shit hit the fan max jumped ship. While he was on probabtion, ronnie had to attend drug counseling. Ronnie never had a license, so max would have to drive him. Max would always make sure to stop at their dealers house first every time he would go to take him to rehab. All of the band members proceeded to talk major shit about ronnie, especially his drug use, even when max almost got kicked out of ETF for his drug use. In fact, max recently entered drug rehab. I'm not meaning to roast you, but there's more than one side to the story. I mean, yeah, ronnie ****ed the pooch, but it's not like it was all his fault.