Dance Or Die review by Family Force 5

• Released: Aug 19, 2008
Family Force 5: Dance Or Die

Family Force 5 has always liked to play hard rock with more of a dance twist on things, and with this album they have done just that. Their previous album is, I would say, more rock-oriented than Dance or Die. Dance or Die has taken a lot of the rock out of it and turned theirselves into dance, or pop. I'd say that this change in sound, although not entirely bad, could leave some fans disappointed while also picking up new fans.

Family Force 5, being a Christian band, has Christian lyrics, songs such as D-I-E-4-Y-O-U and Wake the Dead best exemplify this the best. Not all of their songs have Christian lyrics though, songs such as Get Your Back Off the Wall, and Fever have lyrics that fall more into the dance and pop genre. Overall, I must say that most off the lyrics are creative, well written, and fit each song.

This album was a big change from Buisness Up Front: Party In The Back, going from hard rock, to dance or 80's pop. My favorite songs are the ones that are closest to having their old style, Get Your Back Off The Wall, Fever, and Radiator are the best examples. I love how Family Force 5 is trying to show a different side of theirselves, but sometimes I wish they had just made a sequel to their previous album instead of trailing off completely. Overall, this album hads it's good moments, but for the most part lost my attention from the style change but Family Force 5 will still remain as one of my favorite bands.

jbeef000
    If you like the styles of ff5 then you will def. like the show they put on live.