Keep Your Wig On Review

Fastball: Keep Your Wig On
Released: Jun 8, 2004
Genre: Rock
Styles: Pop Underground, Punk-Pop
On Keep Your Wig On, Fastball's sound is tight, sharp, sometimes humorous, and always supremely well-crafted, despite the group's carefully cultivated garage sensibility.
 9.7
 9.3
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Keep Your Wig On Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 21, 2005

Sound: "Keep Your Wig On" is a very laid back, very rockin, stoner album. It starts out with a little piano track named "Shortwave" sung by both Miles Zuniga & Tony Scalzo, which by the way, some of the Austin Trio's new album has songs written by both Zuniga & Scalzo. "I Get High" is a real laid back rockin song about getting high, and forgetting about it all, but the 2 real standout songs in my opinion are the very upbeat "Till I Get It Right" and the sad "Our Misunderstanding." // 10

Lyrics: The lyric line "I, I wish I could talk to you & make you understand, how much I care, how much you mean to me" is probably my fav line from the whole album, which is sang beautifully. The lyrics overall fit right with the music. The song "Falling Upstairs" is also a standout with the overall lyrics and singing. // 8

Overall Impression: The album is great, period. If you like the Beatles, Elvis Costello, the Kinks, etc. you'll love this album. // 10

Comments