Archetype review by Fear Factory

• Released: Apr 20, 2004
Fear Factory: Archetype

Fear Factory has been known for thier heavy guitar riffs, melodic singing parts, and thier insanely fast drum work; and those remain intact on this album. After Dino Cazares left Fear Factory in 2002 they broke up for a while, eventually having thier basstist take over guitar duties. Even with a new guitarist the riffs remain insanely fast and brutal. Burton c Bell's aggressive vocals and melodic sung parts perfectly fit the music. Raymond Herrera's awesomely fast drum work also returns. The only downside of this album is that its somewhat short with Fear Factory's shorter songs.

Fear Factory has always had lyrics that are symbolic to humanity. The lyrics on this album show the bands look at how society crafts its citizens into what it wishes and how it manufactures lies to them as well. Burton C Bell's vocals are utterly amazing on this album, his melodics are the truly amazing part considering you rarely hear singing as superb as his in this kind of music.

Overall this is very similar to Fear Factory's older albums, though Dino Cazares is no longer with them, Christian does a very good job taking his place. Personally I think the best songs on the album would be Slave Labour, Drones, Corporate Cloning and Bite The Hand That Bleeds. If it were ever stolen I would hunt down the person who stole it and forcefully get it back from them, if I lost it I would definetly go buy it again.

gruntruck
    Brilliant album. I love how most of the heavy verses descend into great melodic chorusus. Their best without a doubt.
    magneto6
    This album is ****ing rad! Can't believe it's taken me 4 years to get around to listening to it. Br00tal!