Transgression review by Fear Factory

• Released: Aug 23, 2005
Fear Factory: Transgression

Fear Factory has an amazing sound. This is their newest CD and the first that I've actually given a listen to them. Up front and honest I'm not a hardcore/death metal fan. Just not, and that's what I had Fear Factory labeled as. Let me tell you that I was quite wrong. I was literally blown away from the second I pushed play. Great crunch to the guitar riffs with a big variety. Very dark and creepy on the heavier songs and starting on track 6, the CD changes its pace to a less heavy sound for 3 or 4 tracks double-bass drums kick you in the head till you cry uncle. Varied paces and styles. A Headbangers heaven on earth.

The lyrics are deep, deep enough I'm still trying to get some of it, most of it. The vocals show a root in hardcore/death metal and he sounds more a home growling. Though he never truly gets to the low untangible monotone growl that is death metal, you can tell he could if he wanted. The melodies feel a little bit forced sometimes it offsets his usual gravel throated tone. Dare I say it's Pantera-esque?

Honestly, this is prob one of the best albums to come out this year. Go buy it now! It's got everything you could want, even a song by U2 (yes Bono/The Edge U2). Best songs: Moment Of Impact, 540,000* Fahrenheit, Transgression, Spinal Compression, Contagion, and basically the whole friggin' thing. It all rocks! I would buy it again in a split second if it was lost/stolen.