Transgression review by Fear Factory

• Released: Aug 23, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 6.7 Neat
Fear Factory: Transgression

My first impression when I listened to the album was kind of dissapointing, because yes, fear factory showed a side they had never shown, songs like Supernova, new promise and the cover for U2's I Will Follow. Those are the ones that made me look back and say s--t what the f--k happended here? But then again they have some really bad ass songs, my favorites are 540,000 Degrees Fahrenheit, Contagion, Moment Of Impact. The sound was ok but I really missed Raymonds extremly well executed double kick drum and the futuristic classic Fear Factory sound.

The lyrics are good, allthough the music did not do well as I expected, the message in the songs where amazingly realistic, I totally felt that vibe of the whole apocalyptic nuclear war topic. On the song echo of my scream I kind of compare it with memory imprints never end and timelessness, so I liked that one with the whole mellow caracteristic.

Its fair, not my favorite album indeed but I will say it's the one I less like, it's starts off good but in the middle of the album it gets really slow and kind of weak, but I like it anyways. And if it was stolen or lost I would buy the album indeed I will always be a Fear Factory fan no matter what, and support is what I can give to this band back after many songs of metal they've shared.