Transgression review by Fear Factory

• Released: Aug 23, 2005
Fear Factory: Transgression

Fear Factory still uses the well-known machine gun drumming an echo singing so there are familiar elements on the Transgression album. But there are also very touchy songs like U2-cover "I Will Follow" and "Echo of My Scream". Soundworld is a lot of different than on Archetype. Guitarsound are a bit different than on all previous albums.At the end, the band sounds itself.

Lyrics are quite different than on all previous albums. There are no human versus machine kind of lyrics. The lyrics concntrate on human versus world like nuclear bombing and other shit. The lyrics are amazing. Singer Burton C. Bell uses well the echo singing.

It's a lot of different than previous album Archetype. When I put the CD first time in, starting song "540.000 Degrees Fahrenheit" didn't catch me up, but the second song "Transgression" punched me in the face and I was totally like woooow, man, this maybe the best FF song ever (After My Grave). The ending song Moment Of Impact is very rolling and aggressive. It is the final punch to your face. All the songs are good. There are many versions of this cd, and I have the CD+DVD version and the DVD shows the making of album, which I have watched lots of times. I hate that, there is missing the FF's best song My Grave. It is in other versions. If I e.g. broke my cd, I'll buy another one at the same day.

sambargun
    I like the album and so do most of the reviews here. Wonder why it so universally put down. Also Dino's exit doesnt seem to have changed the band's sound at all. Christian does well on both Archetype and Transgression and lets face it, the guitar parts of FF are not the toughest(no offence to the band).....
    f1sk
    I liked the album but I think they had a tough act to follow archetype was pretty good there are some awesome songs on here, supernova, and i will follow turned out good
    corp769
    their guitar work is quite easy to some people, but for the people who are starting to play guitar, their riffs might be a little fast for them at first. try to get a newbie to play the song messiah, i am pretty sure that they will definitely have some trouble at first.