Comfort In Sound review by Feeder

• Released: May 20, 2003
Feeder: Comfort In Sound

Comfort In Sound is Feeder's first album without drummer Jon Lee, so this time it's bound to be a little different with Mark Richardson. Compared to some of Feeder's other albums, the songs on the record are more peaceful, with a few exeptions. There are epic string-driven songs like Just The Way I'm Feeling and Forget About Tomorrow, heavy sleazier songs such as Helium and Godzilla, and reflective songs like Child In You and Love Pollution. So really there is a good mixture of songs.

The lyrics are definitely some of Grant Nichlas' best, over the years with Feeder he has written many songs, good and bad, but the songs on Comfort In Sound are he's most emotional ones yet. And you know when he sings them, they fit he's voice perfectly.

Comfort In Sound is somewhat mellow some other stuff that's been released recently, but nethertheless still very good. The best songs have to be Come Back Around, the first single, the chart-topping Just The Way I'm Feeling and the inspiring last (but not least) track on the record, Moonshine. Overall one of Feeder's best works yet, although there could have been more rockier tracks, Helium and Godzilla take away that mellow effect of the album, but still good songs. It is worth buying if you're into modern Indie Rock, I know if I lost it I would buy it again, I'm crazy about Feeder. Good to listen to if you like quiet, mellow rock, but not suitable if you're after some heavy metal.