Comfort In Sound review by Feeder

• Released: May 20, 2003
Feeder: Comfort In Sound

Feeder are back on the music scene, and what an album to come back on! The band's new album is a much more calm, reflective, but still very much rock sounding album. The band, at time of writing were trying to overcome the grief brought about by the suicide by their former drummer and founder member, Jon Lee. Feeder, are however, still very popular and the songs on this album hit the charts at fairly high positions.

As mentioned above, Feeder, at time of writing the album, were trying to overcome grief. The lyrics are reflective, sometimes sad, but also very bright in some places. Several mentions of death, love lost and suicide can be heard throughout tracks. But with songs like "Find The Clour," the band provide a much more positive feeling, 'cause now I can see that I love all the things that you do with each day. It just feels so damn good'. And with quick fade, "I miss you more than words can say, a part of me was torn away I miss you more than words quick fade', sings Grant Nicholas. And on that subject, the Feeder frontman, as always, provides a brilliant singing performance. I particularly like the way he can always sing for different moods - happiness, sadness and, in track 8 "Godzilla," absolute madness.

And, of course, like all good reviews, this one comes to an end. This album is brilliant and is a great follow on album from Echo Park. Though these songs have a slight hint of depression, the album still rocks. There is always a song for you, no matter what your mood is and what you feel like. There really is nothing to hate about this album. However, the only annoying thing is that the lyric book with the album only has one line from each song on one page, but the fantastic art work and arty, peaceful mood of the cover book makes up for that. As well as all this there is also a DVD which comes with the CD. It's also brill, with live performances, I particularly enjoyed "Buck Rogers" live from Reading, 2001. The DVD also has the "Just A Day" video. If I were to lose this album I would be sad, but I certainly would buy a new one. This is an album not to be missed, catchy tunes, beautiful lyrics and an overall enjoyable experience. This is gonna be one album you will love. I certainly love it!

patch17
    I love this album, Grant's lyrics are so sad and beautiful. Find The Colour is my personal favourite, its such an uplifting song.