Echo Park review by Feeder

• Released: Apr 23, 2001
  • Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Feeder: Echo Park

Echo Park is one of Feeder's most commercial album yet, and is considered as their "Pop" album, as it went very high in the charts, an marked 2001 as one of Feeder's most succesful years. There are a lot of good things about Echo Park, some bad. It's starts of with Standing On The Edge, which isn't a bad way to start the album off, there are pop rock songs like Buck Rogers and Seven Days In The Sun, punkier songs such as Tell All Your Friends and Under The Weather. But a couple of disappointments such as Turn, a bland mellow song and Bug, a heavy song with a simple riff and distorted vocals. The is, however nice slow tunes like the haunting Oxygen, Piece By Piece, and the much inspiring Satelite News. Overall I would say it's got a pretty good sound to it, just not as good as they always have.

The lyrics aren't half-bad. Like a lot of Grant Nicholas' lyrics, the words say something with a lot of meaning and he sings them well enough. I think he did a fantastic job on vocals for Under The Weather, something very different than normal.

Echo Park had some great cover artwork, not all the songs are that bad. If I could change one thing maybe it'd be the song tracklist, just a little. I'd definitely go and buy it again if I lost it, I'm a big Feeder Fan. Good, but not as good some of their other stuff.