Pushing The Senses review by Feeder

• Released: Jan 31, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Feeder: Pushing The Senses

This album is a far away from their pastimes, there are less rocky songs and more of the mellow songs like on CIS. However the songs that attempt to be heavy fail because they don't have any of that feeling like the older feeder songs did, and the mellow songs get old and repetetive quickly.

As usual grants lyrics are great, they really make the songs. However sometimes the singing doesn't quite fit with the music and the song sounds weird. Other than that excellent singing and lyrics from a brilliant vocalist.

I can't compare this album to any other feeder album except CIS. Pushing The Senses attempted to keep the mellowness of CIS but failed really, as the songs are nothing special and don't have that brilliance that came through in CIS. The few songs I like are Pilgrim Soul, Pushing The Senses and Dove Grey Sands. I'm sure Jon would never have wanted the band to go this way after his death, but Mark does a brilliant job of drumming. If it was stolen then I wouldn't really mind as it is a copy of a promo, but I'm hoping that when I buy it legit on the 31st that the extras are worth the money I pay.