Pushing The Senses review by Feeder

• Released: Jan 31, 2005
Feeder: Pushing The Senses

Pushing The Senses is in my opinion the best album Feeder have done since the tradgic death of Jon Lee. However, gone are the festival anthems but enter the more mature side of Feeder. The album contains some of the deepest songs that Grant has ever written. I love the sound of this album to some people it may be depressing and if you're looking for upbeat anthems I would suggest an earlier album. However, this album to me is amazing. The songs are mellow and provide lyrics that really convey the feelings of the band. I would say, however, that the songs are very depressing. I find them that way with a few exceptions yet I would still rate this as an amazing sound for an album.

As mentioned previously I believe that these are the best lyrics ever to be seen on a Feeder album. They are deeper than other albums and convey an emotion to the listener. When you listen to Grant singing on the album you can really empathise with him. There is real emotion in his voice and this changes appropriately with the song. For instance the finger picking on Dove Grey Sands is joined by an almost far away voice. The more upbeat Feeling a Moment is matched with a fairly lively voice from Grant yet it maintains the constant feel throughout. The lyrics too are well suited to the music and this album shows the most mature song writing yet seen from Grant.

This album is definately one of my favourites and if I lost the album then I would definately buy it again. If you want hard rock then do not buy this album. If you want a well written and mature album then this is definately a good recommendation. I can, however, criticise the album on the fact that the guitar isn't amazingly hard. The song's music is not something that will go down as a legendary piece of composing but I think that that works fairly well. I love this album and I have listened to the majority of the tracks a lot. This album would definately go down as one of my favourites and I would recommend it strongly to anyone.

Cazz3000
    A much more mature sound from Feeder. Mixed reviews but overall sums it up quite nicely.