Silent Cry review by Feeder

• Released: Jun 16, 2008
Feeder: Silent Cry

The bands sound is a mix of old and new from Feeder. It has returned to it's older ways and produced something heavier than the previous albums but still keeping the experiance and sound from these albums. This album has therefore come out sounding exceptionally good with a mix of sounds heavier and softer.

Grant Nicholas has always been an amazing song writer and hasn't failed with this album. You tell from songs such as sonorous that he is affected by the death of john lee (the first drumer) and shows it in the lyrics of this song. The lyrics are also very good in we are the people where it is uplifting and shows how "its time to change and we the people can do that" I think the lyrics are inspirational and show that Feeder still have it in them to produce top quality music which only gets better with time.

My overall impression would be that is definatlly a step forward for Feeder and this will show in their next album. It is a mix of the two types of music they have produced in the past and this combination works. The most imprssive songs are Tracing Lines, Miss you and 8:18 however every song should be worth mentioning. I would also like to mention Yeah Yeah on the bonus tracks as that is trully amazing and a song like buck rogers which is so catchy it's worth buying the album all over again just for those songs. I would definattly buy this album again if it was stolen.

StonaLemons
    its unfortunate about the marketing on the record. Because echo their label is in the process of being sold off or something along those lines theres been no real marketing at all so they've only really had a bit of exposure due to big feeder fans spreading the love.
    CraigHolroyd
    This is an absolutely amazing album - anyone who says feeder have gotten worse with age are definitely wrong. the albums are just getting better and better, and its quite obvious that grant has moved on since PTS and CIS. Great album. (I am ever so slightly biased seeing as i went to see them at leeds on saturday, but its still good )
    twowheels
    Forgot to respond earlier lol. Its not Feeder's best album, but it is still very good. Hopefully they will release another album, and it gets some marketing that it deserves.