The Singles review by Feeder

• Released: May 23, 2006
Feeder: The Singles

Ah... the highly anticipated album, containing all of Feeder's best loved songs. Yep, this is a nice one for any feeder fan, or for those that don't want to go and buy the other albums that hold the tracks on this compilation album. Although old tracks, they are certainly not dated. With "Buck Rogers", "Just A Day" and "Just The Way I'm Feeling" still as clean and crisp as ever, the album takes us back to when feeder had only just began, to the new hit "Lost & Found". Was it too soon for a compilation? In my view, no! "Feeder: The Singles" is the compilation album of the year.

The lyrics, at times can be pretty straight-forward (for example, the line "Drink cider from a lemon" on "Buck Rogers"). However, the lyrics keep to the school-boy style anthems that Feeder have grown to produce. The lyrics on "Burn The bridges" and "Just The Way I'm Feeling" (amongst others) are very good, and are well worth listening to over and over again, until they sink in.

Of course, with the album holding all of Feeder's singles, it is extremely hard to compare this album to the other past ones. It is, of course, in a class of it's own with fellow compilation albums (with "Travis: The Singles" on a par with this album). The 'must listen tos' on this album are: "Come Back Around", "Buck Rogers", "Lost & Found", "Just The Way I'm Feeling", "Just A Day", "burn The Bridges" and "Forget About Tomorrow". This album is certainly a must for your collection. If you're lucky, you may find one with an extra DVD, which holds all of Feeder's videos. Now you can not only hear the music, but see it! Definitely buy this album. If you lose it, well then you better go and buy it again! You must not miss this one.

cabbaman98
    both of these are great reveiws. and mr Rock God:
    well feeder origonally rote Buck Rogers as a joke for an American band. But then decided to use it themselves. Im just sayin, not avin a go. but this probebly explains the crappy lyrics.
    IndieMetalhead
    super, they explained in a newsletter thing that they could only fit a few on due to the limitations of CD's
    Rock God #1
    cabbaman98 wrote: both of these are great reveiws. and mr Rock God: The lyrics, at times can be pretty straight-forward (for example, the line "Drink cider from a lemon" on "Buck Rogers". well feeder origonally rote Buck Rogers as a joke for an American band. But then decided to use it themselves. Im just sayin, not avin a go. but this probably explains the crappy lyrics.
    Probably so. Besides, I wasn't saying that the lyrics are crappy...just simple. Everyone's allowed one right?
    McKillswitch
    Feeder got a where to start with in kerrang this week, get kerrang! it makes the ultimate mix CD if you follow it. Good Reveiw as well, the album's great, i love Turn \m/ Keep rocking Feeder
    Rock God #1
    hmmm....Kerrang! Hardly unbiased is it? Personally, I prefer Q. Now that is the ULTIMATE music mag
    rpquincey
    Great reviews, nice one. However, Rock God #1, how could you give the lyrics a 7, they are blatantly the greatest part of the songs, especially 'Just the way I'm Feeling', 'Forget about Tommorow', 'Suffocate' and 'Paperfaces'. Great album and the DVD is also great, seeing em evolve from low budget affairs to high budget mini stories.
    Rock God #1
    i'm a very critical reviewer. Compared to other artists i've heard in the past and present, the lyrics aren't as good. But, they're still good so i gave them a 7.