The Singles review by Feeder

• Released: May 23, 2006
Feeder: The Singles

Being a compilation album, it's hard to define the sound. Basically, it manages to nicely compile Feeders Career into 20 tracks. the only problem is that it focuses mainly on their current work (10 of the tracks being from Comfort In Sound onwards (including the 3 new tracks), and only 3 From Polythene). However, it makes up for this by including the amazing single version of "Suffocate", and some of the better singles they released (Forget About Tomorrow, Just A Day and Turn).

As I said earlier, most of the songs are Post CIS, so it is where Grant was at his peak of songwriting. The CD has its fair share of singalong songs, however nothing really stands out. I used to be a big fan of Grant, but it just seems now that he's pulled ideas around and written a load of jibberish.

The only reason I really bought this album was for the DVD (which has videos for every single Feeder released. Good for die hard fans. Otherwise, it's a bit of a lost cause. Two of the tracks recorded for the CD have been released as singles (well, it is a singles album), and the rest are on the albums. If you had only just heard of feeder, I would recommend this album. Die hard fans, unless you want the DVD, it's a bit of a lost cause. If it were stolen, I'd just leave it. I have the DVD ripped to my PC, and the tracks on my PC.

Daniel Pearce
    Love 'Buck Rogers' and 'Lost And Found' songs - but nto enough songs for me to buy the album...
    mistertomo123
    Absolutely brill cd. not one song worse than excellent on it. especially just the way im feeling, just a day, shatter, 7 days in the sun and high
    Thom Yorke
    I am a huge Feeder fan but calling Grant Nicholas the best songwriter in rock is crap. Although 'Buck Rogers' is one of my fave songs I find it hard to believe that the world's greatest writer has to restort to rhyming 'car' with 'jaguar'! 9\10 for me.