Yesterday Went Too Soon review by Feeder

• Released: Oct 19, 1999
Feeder: Yesterday Went Too Soon

In their second full-length album (third overall), feeder have certinley brought a lot of new ideas with the yesterday went too soon album. The first song anesthetic, has a guitar at the start, then at 0:16, everything else kicks in. Part of it is mellow, while another part is solid, hard rock. After the second track, insomina, you will get to listen to softer, more mellow tracks including yesterday went too soon, this has grant's keyboards at its best. The eleventh track is very fast and energetic. Some of the bands music in this album sound like green day but a lot better such as insomnia and hole in my head, although the vocals easily tell you it is not, the guitar sure fools some people. Other songs are more like muse or radio head. The sound is certinley better than polythene (debut full-length album).

The best song lyrics are that of yesterday went too soon, day in day out, hole in my head and bubblehead (hidden track). The lyrics are not as good as comfort in sound the album but are much better than echo park. Grant has great singing skills, and a variety of voice tones although in a few he can sound the same.

Hole in my head is certinley the best song on the album. Great guitar flow and vocals. I love everything about the album apart from some parts of tinsel town, and paperfaces that seem to get a bit boring. This is one album I would get again if I had to.

cabbaman98
    cabbaman98 wrote: these are good reveiws but it is definetly npot the ebst Feeder album. And also ANesthetic is a great song. I actually think that Pushing The Senses is the best album, or Echo Park. I can't choose all their album are amazing.
    ok i do not think this anymore.
    Thom Yorke
    I'm a big Feeder fan but I think Echo Park and Polythene (the reissue) are as good as YWTS